Ch.2

Photo of Brenda Palmer*

Tuesday*

____________________

Clark:

I'm in last period now, Band III. My second favorite period. I was hoping this period would go slow but it went faster than I thought.

I started walking to the library to tutor ol' girl. I got to the library and found a table in the back where its quiet.

10 minutes had passed and she hadn't shown.

Now 20 minutes.

"I'm here, calm down." she said sitting her stuff on the table.

"So you plan on showing up all the time this late?" I said.

"I actually don't plan on showing up again at all."

"I assume you don't care about your grade?"

"Oh I do. But if I get tutored by anyone, I prefer someone intelligent." she said.

"Sugar if I wasn't smart I wouldn't be passing this class. And, I wouldn't be here getting extra credit for tutoring you."

"Whatever." she said. She took out her phone and started texting or something and ignored me.

I snatched her phone and held it in my lap.

"What in the fuck is your problem?" she yelled.

"You're my problem; look Brandy I-"

"It's Brenda asshole. Don't tell me what to do when you take my shit!"

She snatched it back.

"What the fuck dude!" she said.

"Look Brenda, as much as you don't want to be here, you need to. I don't know you but I'm pretty sure you need to pass this in order to pass your Junior year." I said. "So can you just work with me, please?"

"Fine." she said taking her stuff out with an attitude.

We eventually ended on a good note. Brenda was still warming up to me but she was pretty funny so far.

"So Thursday afterschool again?" I said as I walked to my truck.

"Is that a question or can I just not show up?" 

"Yes and no. Be there, on time." I said.

"Cool, see you tomorrow."

I got in my truck and pulled out the student parking area. 

______________________

Scotty came over once I got home and we just wasted time since I didn't have homework and he never does his.

"So please explain why you weren't home when I got here young man." he said tossing a football in the air repeatedly.

"Well dad, I was tutoring so I had to stay after a few hours. I'm sorry you came to my house and I wasn't here." I said.

"Papa forgives you son." he laughed. "Who were you tutoring anyway?"

"This chick in one of my classes named Brenda."

"Brenda Palmer? Is your slut of a girlfriend okay with it?" he said.

I hate when he calls her that but all the shit she's done before we got in a relationship, I can't justify it.

"You know her?" I asked.

"Who doesn't? She hangs with that one guy named Dalton and they're pretty close from what I hear. She's pretty sweet. You scope her ass?"

"Sweet? Bullshit. And why would I do that when I have the perfect girlfriend?" I said. 

"Whatever you say. I'd totally smash her whenever we get close enough. You've got to put in the word for me too man-"

I won't do that. Ever. Scotty doesn't care about relationships. He'd break her heart for sure.

Why I cared, I don't know.

"Yeah, sure."

_______________________

"Hey babe, I've called you about 10 times and you haven't answered. I was making sure you were okay because you weren't at school today. Call me back, love you, bye." I said. I left multiple voicemails on Ky's phone and I haven't gotten one text.

I got up to look at the clock. 10:23 PM. I don't understand why I try so hard for Ky when all she gives me is bullshit.

I love her and she just does this type of crap to me.

I got up from my bed and decided to take a quick shower. After my shower I went downstairs to see my mom on the couch with my 10 year old sister.

"Hey sweety you doing fine?" my mom asked as usual.

"Yes mom. Like everyday." I laughed giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"I can't help it."

"How was your day at school Meerkat?" I asked my sister. Her name is Meranda but we call her that because she's so innocent and sneaky.

"Awesome, I won class president today." she smiled.

"Woop woop! I told you bribing them with candy would work-"

"Clark." my mother said.

I laughed and made my way to the kitchen for some food.

"When's Chancellor coming home?" I said.

"Not sure, he said he was working later then usual." mom said.

I shrugged it off and grabbed some pasta salad.

_______________________

What do you want to see in the next chapters? Fave characters so far? Do you like Kylie? Leave me comments lovelies ;)