Ch. 26

After the girls finished their drinks, I drove us all to the hospital. We drove quietly as Megan was in the front with me and Brenda looked out the window in the backseat. I couldn't say anything because I didn't know how to comfort her.

We arrived at the hospital in a short amount of time and all got out to walk into the building. I held Brenda's hand as we three walked to the front desk.

"Hi, are we allowed to go to the hospital morgue to see a family member?" I asked the woman.

"No. Who are you coming for anyway?" she rudely asked.

"Annalise Palmer." Brenda said.

"She's actually still being cleaned up but we'll notify you when ready." she dismissed us. We all walked and sat in an empty section inside this huge ass lobby.

"I'm gonna go make a phonecall." Megan said leaving me to talk to Brenda.

"Hey." I said. She was focused on the square on the ground as I saw a tear fall from her eye. I wiped the tear that rolled down to her chin and she looked at me. I just hugged her. Seeing her crying made me upset and scared, to be honest.

I looked at my phone which read 7:00 PM and asked if she wanted something to eat.

"I just want McDonald's."

"That's so unhealthy, you don't want like a steak or something from Outback, or-"

"Clark, you should know that I eat anything from burgers to shrimp." she smiled. "I want a burger from McDonald's. Not the one like 2 mintues from here, that one is gross. The one by my house is like the freshest I've ever tasted."

"Okay your highness, I'll grab that for you and a drink. Do you want Megan to come in here with you?"

"No, it's okay. I want to go in by myself first and see if my dad is already in there. Go together because I'm pretty sure she could use a bite to eat." Brenda said. I got up and kissed her lips slowly and passionately before kissing her forehead.

"I love you."

"I love you more." I said, before walking out and bumping into Megan who was walking in. "Come with me to McDonald's?"

"Are you buying?"

"Yeah."

"Then hell yeah. Or does Bren want me to stay with her?"

"She said come on with me for you won't starve."

"She knows me so well." Megan said as we got in my car and drove the distance to McDonald's. I went through the long ass drive-thru regretting it when the orders were taken slower than needed.

"What's wrong?" I heard out of no where. I looked at Megan's dull blue eyes; even though it was night-time, her eyes still showed their color.

"What?"

"I know that there's something wrong Clark. Tell me because I'm getting anxious waiting for you to say something."

I sighed as I gave the woman in the first drive-thru window my twenty dollar-bill and received change back. We were still behind two cars as I put Brenda's in park.

"You won't say anything to anyone when I tell you this right?"

"It depends, but other than that, my lips are sealed." she said.

"I think this is all karma," I started as I went into telling her about my childhood past and actions. We drove back to the hospital but waited in the car, talking for over 20 minutes Megan just looked at me astonished. "It's my fault why this is all happening and Brenda's feeling down.