Ch.19

Brenda POV;

I sat outside on the school steps waiting until Clark came outside. After the incident in the cafeteria, I didn't see him the rest of the day and worried what happened. 

His mom came up to the school during last period to 'talk' with the principal and all about the situation. I just hope he doesn't get expelled permanently or kicked out the school district; I mean, it's not like he killed the guy, no reason to have expelled him. But it seemed like attempted murder. 

I finally saw him and his sister walk out as well as his mom walking in front of him furious. Meranda noticed me and lit up a bit.

"Brenda!" she smiled coming to hug me. I didn't know what to do for a second and then thought of hugging her back.

"MERANDA CHEYANNE! Get off that girl right now!" her mother said walking back to get her before she let go. I locked eyes with Clark who was coming over slowly to me.

"But mommy it's my friend Brenda-"

"Nice to meet you sweety, let's go Meranda. We don't walk up to strangers." she pulled the girl along.

"-but she's Clark's girlfriend mommy." she said. And bam. The mama bear lets loose out of her. She looked at me and then back at Clark who was trailing behind her before she stopped.

"What?-"

"Calm down mom its not serious-"

"You have a girlfriend and didn't tell me. Clark she's black." she whispered even though I can still hear her. She was only like 6 steps from me.

"Why does that matter?"

"You know how history was in the past Clark. We don't need a repeat in history. Now let's go."

"I'm not going with you unless you apologize to both of us and-"

"How dare you demand me to do something and accept something I'm not comfortable with. I'm your mother and you will do what I tell you to do-"

"Bye mom." he said waving her off. She gasped and clicked her heels with Meerkat back to their car. He watched them walk away and came to sit with me on the steps. He leaned over to kiss me but I dodged his kiss feeling a bit disappointed.

"What's wrong?" he asked concerned. 

"Not only is your mom fucking racist and not trying to accept us together, this day went to shit and it's my fault.

"If I could change what happened, I would."

"Well that's the past, we're in the future and it's all taken care of. Jerry is probably talking to the police and I hope his ass is going to jail."

"Well, what's gonna happen to you?" I asked.

"5 day suspension because I was sticking up to "bullying" in a 'inappropriate' way." he said.

"I love you so much-" I started before hugging him.

"WHAT THE HELL BITCH?!" an annoying ass voice said as I heard her feet stomping over here.

Motherfucking Nicole.

"Excuse you?" Clark said.

"Not you boy, this bitch." she pointed to me.

"The only bitch here who's probably sleeping with 3 people at once is you." I said standing up to her.

"Get the hell out my face with that shit-"

"Because I'm the one who walked over to you right?" I said laughing at this pathetic one time excuse for a best friend.

"Look, you and your 'man' need to stop lashing out on people who ain't do shit."