Ch.25

Ya'll so salty about cliffhangers, but thanks for all the comments lovelies; enjoy this chapter :*

____________________

A detective, I'm guessing, photographed more photos of the scene as we stood outside the bedroom door. When we came in the bathroom 40 minutes ago, there was a syringe between her fingers limply and a empty liquid container. The water had overflowed, causing her overdose to just drown away. I stopped the water once we saw her and backed away from the woman before calling the police.

"So the substance was liquid ecstasy," the man could barely get through without Brenda crying. "Umm, she injected a substantial amount leading to her overdose. Even if the water wasn't over-flowing, she'd still lose consciousness. There's also horse tranquilizer on the counter so we don't doubt that was used either. "

"Do you think she committed suicide?" I asked rubbing Brenda's warm back.

"We can't disclose all that information to you sir, young lady?" Brenda looked up. "You mind coming with us for some questions?" she nodded and they walked away. I left out the house and wiped my face in distress. I decided to call Megan since she's pretty much her best friend.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Hey, it's Clark."

"No shit, I have caller id." she said.

"Umm, you need to come over. To Brenda's I mean. Something bad just really happened and Brenda needs someone other than me right now." I said.

"Sure, what happened?"

"I'll explain everything when you get here. See you soon." I said as I ended our call.

Officers and paramedics passed by me with a gurney and I knew they were bringing out Brenda's mother. Brenda came out the house in a few minutes and cried in my arms. I kissed her forehead repeatedly and moved out the doorway when the men came out.

"I didn't know she was this-this crazy." Bren said sniffing. I didn't know what to say; I'd never experienced something like this so I wouldn't know how to feel. It kind of hurts to see her cry and well, her mother dead right in front of us. Her dad came right as the ambulance was leaving, trailing it behind.

The only death I experienced was my older brother Derick; I hadn't told anyone about my brother except for Scotty, not even Brenda or Meranda who wasn't born yet. That night was the worst I've ever had because it was all my fault.

Flashback 9 Years Aago*

8 year old Clark and his 15 year old brother Derick were outside playing baseball in the Summer like most kids do when their parents are off to work and they can't drive. Clark had his crush Kayla over and was more than nervous to play in front of a girl so perfect as her. But the thing was, Kayla was the same age as Derick and attracted to him instead of Clark. 

Clark felt jealousy all over when she talked to his brother more tham him. The three came indoors for a drink of lemonade his father whipped up before he left to work. And let me tell you, that lemonade was the best in the city in Clark's opinion. 

Clark sat disappointingly at their island as he watched the two teenagers flirt with eachother. Kayla with her long, wavy, black hair and bright blue eyes, made Clark's heart skip a beat. He was just about to tell her how he felt before his brother swooped in and kissed his beloved Kayla. Clark was enraged and wanted his brother to feel the same pain he did at that very moment. But, young Clark waited until the last month of Summer to expel his anger. He thought hard and prayed to God to forgive him of what he was about to do.

That month, Derick and Kayla began dating, and she was over almost everyday with their parent's permission. Clark prepared himself and waited for a car to come, any car, any truck, or motorcycle. But then, a delivery truck made it's way down their street. As Clark began to pitch the ball at his older brother, he prayed over and over for forgiveness. The ball flew in the grassy area across the street, making Clark cross over. He falsely tripped in the street and claimed his ankle gave out. Momentarily, his brother noticed.

Derick screamed for his brother as the truck speeding down the street honked and was a few feet away. He ran into the street pushing Clark out the way, the very last moment. As Clark rolled over to the grass, Derick was gone. His body, gone, Derick, gone. The truck stopped a few feet away as Kayla ran to the front of the truck. Clark's smile instantly went away, when he noticed Kayla wasn't coming to the aid of him; but instead, to his now-dead brother. Clark stood up, perfectly fine, as a large man came out the truck and ran to the front of it, falling to his knees.

Clark didn't know what to do. He killed his brother; but he wanted that right? To get the girl he's been in love with for the past few weeks? No, he wanted revenge and pain. But the only pain was to Kayla who cried heavily over her dead boyfriend. Clark ran to the house quietly and called the police, then his parents. The police got here in no time with an ambulance, then their parents.

He sat in his room afraid to speak to anyone and cried. He didn't want a big brother anymore; he didn't have a big brother anymore. Everything went downhill from there. The death of his brother lead to Clark becoming violent and his father to leave the family. He was without a father for at least two years before his mother-remarried a drunk named Chancellor.

Clark knew he messed up his own life. He's his own problem.

End Flashback*

He would've been 24 this year but he didn't even make it to sixteen because of me. I felt my own tears fall and watched as Brenda hugged Megan.

"What now?" Megan asked. I didn't want to take Brenda back in the house so I told them we could meet at the Starbucks not far from her house.

_________________