It's All in the Cards

Start from the beginning

His eyes brightened even more when he saw my crest.

"Wow, it's so pretty!" He said, "It's so much better than mine."

"Don't say that, Tk." I said, "The crest of Hope is amazing! A perfect match for the most hopeful of us all."

"Yeah, but with your crest of unity, you can do so much more, especially with those three other crests that are a part of it."

Matt turned around and walked towards us.

"He's right, ya know." He said, smiling at the two of us, "You do so much for all of us, so naturally you'd get the type of crest that gives the powers to do so much more for our digimon."

I chuckled, grabbed both Tk and Matt's hands and walked back with the others.

"You know," Matt said softly, "I was really worried about you, Raya. We didn't know where you were or if you were even okay. Don't do that again, please."

I didn't face the brothers, but I could feel their worried and pleading expressions from behind me.

"I can't promise that I won't be in a situation like that again, but I can promise that I'll find a way back to you all." I said, finally turning to face them and smiled.

My promise eased their nerves, but I couldn't help but think of the target plastered on my back by being the Digi-mage. It could get the others hurt or in trouble, and I couldn't bear the thought.

We hurried along our way until we were finally out of the forest and at the edge of a large lake, the sun setting over us and the search light shining from the waters.

Upon seeing the lake, Gomamon didn't hesitate to jump in, much to Joe's dismay.

"Looks like we're gonna be doing some swimming." Joe muttered.

"My hat! My beautiful hat!" Mimi shouted in panic.

"Either we got those directions really wrong, or Gennai's house is in the middle of a lake." Matt said.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Well, of course he lives in the middle of a lake." I said, "He lokes the scenery of the creatures down there. It's very comforting, really." My eyes widened when I realized what I said.

Where did that come from?' I thought to myself.

"How'd you know that, Raya?" Izzy asked.

I held my hand on my forehead, "Not quite sure. Maybe my memories sorting themselves out?" I said unsurely.

Suddenly, Gomamon popped out from beneath the waters with a bright smile on his face,

"Hey guys, come on in the water's fine." He said, just then, the water became white and started bubbling.

We stared in confusion and amazement as the waters parted similiar to how Moses parted the Red Sea.

The now parted water revealed a descending flight of stairs, and a memory popped into my head.

I had been here before. I saw myself with Gennai, walking down the stairs and arriving at a small house.

I shook away the memory and started descending the stairs.

"Raya, wait for us! The steps may be slippery." Sora said, quickly following us.

I looked back over my shoulder and said, "There's no reason to worry. The steps are dry as a bone in the desert."

They took my assurance as an okay and followed me down the steps. Along the way, we admired the amazing water creatures outside the dry path we walked along.