Show time

Chapter: 48 - SHOW TIME

It's time for me to show up there. But first let me know where's Zoya, because if she's not here I can escape from her bossiness.

I think I should call her and get an idea what is she upto. "Zoya?" I called.

"Uzair do you need anything?" She answers as soon as she picks up my call.

"No, no actually I..I was getting bored alone..so I wa..was just wondering where.. you've been?" I try to be as simple as I can.

"Oh lol, am I day dreaming? You, I mean seriously you are wondering about me? About me!!?" she ask getting surprised obviously she'll be shocked because me being so aggressive these days turns out to be polite now.

"Umm, well I'm checking out few patients so after that I'll be there in 30 minutes approximately!!" She assures.

"Oh okay! Till then I'll sleep." I lied and yawned purposely.

This is great till the time she comes I can escape from the room.

"Ok, see ya." she says and ends the call.

I quickly called the driver and asked him to come as quickly as possible though the hospital is not far away from my home, he would be in 10 minutes most probably.

I with my hands tried to pull my legs down and then stretched my arm to pull the wheelchair close to my bed. Luckily I didn't fall though I thought I couldn't do it but I did.

I gasp as I am struggling to get myself down from the bed and I feel so helpless and sad about my situation such that I literally wants to sat in the corner and cry.

I take a long breathe and recollect Zoya's words. She told me to fight with myself which is something nobody could do it and she also told me that the medicines will do its work but 50% of the work contributes to me, how I control my body, how I help them to move, fighting with myself and getting helpful towards ourselves by making our weakness as our strength is something we can do for ourselves and these words were more than enough for me to get myself back but the situations and the helplessness I feel is very upsetting for me.

So for now her words floods in me and I tried to stand with the help of my hands. My legs starts trembling and shaking, I quickly hold the desk besides me. The pain is on peak legitimately I feel so much pain in my whole legs. I feel like I cannot do it but still I am trying. I took a step forward since 5 minutes.

My leg! OH MY GOD!! It did! Oh my God! I stood up, I cannot believe this? Am I dreaming? I pinch myself to let me realise that I am not dreaming. But honestly I feel very happy to stand on myself. It's hard to walk but atleast I'm able to stand.

My legs hurt alot so I quickly sat on the wheelchair which is very next to me.

I need to hurry up. I call my driver to come at the groundfloor and wait for me there. I as soon as possible came out of the room. The wheelchair is controlled my the buttons provided on it. So that's really helpful. I am waiting for the elevator now, my room is on 2nd floor and lift is at the 7th floor with that patience I hope that Zoya should not come out of anywhere.

I look here and there and I saw her talking to someone. I turn back again at the elevator and looked what floor is the lift at.

"The 5th floor? Really?" I roll my eyes.

Zoya isn't facing towards me thankfully that is something which is making me relax, but I need to hurry up.

Now it is at 3rd floor finally just a floor away. I see Zoya one last time before going inside and while she was about to turn. I quickly push myself in "thank God" I sigh.
_________________
Ayaat's pov