find me if you can

Chapter-27 find me if you can

"Arhaan listens, say that you want to do an autopsy of Amanda," I say making him stable with my hands on his shoulders.

He frowns. "I didn't get you!"

"I mean.." I pause and hold his wrist. "come.." I take him to Amanda's room.

"Look at her Arhaan, do you find something strange?" I ask him.

He still frowns looking at her to find what I'm saying.

I roll my eyes and finally said: "look at her neck Arhaan..."

He intensely looks and widens his eyes.
"What the hell is that?"

"The poison," I say still not sure.
He looks at me in complete confusion.

I sighed. "Does the doctor come regularly to check her?" I ask Jake who came in

"N-no" Jake utters.

"The nurse comes and check on her every day and says she's still the same and then she leaves saying if the condition of the patient changes then doctor we'll come..if not he'll not," Jake adds.

We both look at each other.
I said Arhaan to follow me and we walks out and went to the café coffee day which is beside the hospital.

"Ayaat your phone is ringing from so long where are you?" He snaps his fingers at my face and I blinked.

I sighed' "oh yeah!" I receive the call
"Where the hell are you?" Yumna yells.

I close my eyes and moves my phone a bit far from my ear. "What's wrong with you? Why are you shouting?" I ask.

"Well, if you don't know Ayaat madam.. we're here from 1 fucking hour. " She yells.

"Woah, calm down girl! I'm sorry by the way." I lower my voice and just remember that I asked her to come to pick me up.

"When are you coming?" She asks.

"You can go.. I'll be coming with Arhaan." I assure.

"Uff! Idiot, You should inform me before" Yumna says getting disappointed.

"I'm sorry" I apologise and ends the call.

I clear my throat. He looks at me and gives me a weak smile.

"So you were about to say something?" He asks drinking his coffee.

"Hmm" I take a sip of my lovely coffee. Oh, I missed it.

"Well, listen to me carefully Arhaan..." His eyes find for mine and I look at him.

"When Amanda was in a coma after when she gained her consciousness she said that she didn't suicide and it was an attempt of someone who was willing to kill her when asked by Jake... right?"

"Yeah!" He nods to agreed.

"There were Jake as well as her elder brother John with the layer in her room that time..right?" I ask again.

"Yea!" He nods.

"Tell me what was the reactions of everyone present in the room at that time.." I ask.

" W-when Jake asked who was it.. she kept quiet, something bothered her to not to say and the reaction of Jake was.." He pauses trying to recollect. I hope he can guess easily because he completed his PhD in psychology and he can read faces. Obviously.

"Umm...Jake was looking at her with some hopes and John was giving a Lil shocked kind of expression" Arhaan says and frees his forehead.

"Amanda, being brave enough to say that she didn't commit suicide but was afraid to tell the person who was behind the attempt. Right?" I say but more tries to get to the point.