39. Choice

My choice to have Josh turned came from a few instagram polls I did because I was deciding between two different endings and this one won!

Warning for mention of vomit

It was currently after dinner and Josh was waiting nervously in his bed. His parents had left for their five day vacation the day before and Josh wanted to get this done before they got back. Plus, it was a Friday night so he shouldn't have to miss too much school. He just didn't know what he was going to do when it got to the point where his parents realized something was up with Jordan and soon him.

Tyler, Jordan, and Rylee were all sitting in his room with him. They were waiting for Jenna since Josh wanted her there. After a lot of convincing over the phone, she finally understood why it was something both Tyler and Josh wanted to do.

"Will it hurt at first?" Josh asked, swallowing anxiously. "Like before the venom makes its way through my body?"

"No," Tyler grabbed his hand and tangled their fingers together. "That'll come later. It's gonna hurt like hell then though. Are you sure you want to do this? You can wait. It might just be better for us in the long run."

Josh nodded. "Yeah. I want to do this. I'm just scared," he looked between Jordan and Tyler. "You two and Jenna didn't really get the chance to have a whole breakdown before it happened."

"We're here for you big bro," Jordan smiled supportively as he had his arms draped over Rylee's shoulders.

Josh smiled back. He heard the front door open and close before footsteps came down the hall. Jenna walked in and instantly climbed on the bed, pulling Josh in for a hug.

"Woah, Jenna," he laughed, hugging her back. "I'm not dying. Well, wait—"

Jenna laughed into his shoulder and only hugged him tighter. "This is a big choice. Are you sure you want this?"

Josh took a deep breath and nodded. "Yeah. No offense to Rylee or Jenna but Rylee was the only one here born a vampire. You three either didn't have a choice or didn't know what was going on. I'm coming to terms with this and I'm choosing to be like this. This is all on me. Even if I'll occasionally have to uh... use people."

The four all looked at each before looking back at Josh. "Are you ready?" Tyler asked softly. "I want to make sure you feel as comfortable as you can during this. I love you. I know, deep in my heart, that we're made for each other and we're going to be together— regardless of if you're like me or not. Don't let that be the only deciding factor."

Josh gave him a tight smile. "I know. It's not the only one, I promise. I'm ready."

"Do you want us in here or do you want us to wait in the living room?" Jordan piped up.

"It's up to you," Jenna added.

Josh looked at Tyler before looking back at everyone else. "Can it just be Ty and I? This feels sort of intimate," he joked, blushing slightly.

"No it very much so is," Rylee assured. "You deserve privacy. Jenna and I will keep an eye on Jordan," she joked, nudging her boyfriend and getting a laugh from Josh.

"We'll see you soon, J," Jordan smiled before the three walked out of the room.

Once the door was shut, Tyler got up to lock to before he sat on the bed so he was sitting cross legged across from Josh. "I'm gonna have to take more blood than when I fed from you because there's venom going in but it won't be like what happened with me," he assured. "You won't be on the brink of death from bleeding out though."