16. Adorable

About a week and a half had passed when Tyler was walking into his house after school, a sigh leaving his lips. He was so tired. Not actually tired, but mentally and emotionally tired.

He trudged past the living room and up his stairs, entering his room and throwing his bag on the floor. He knew he had a lot of homework but he had time to do it.

Jenna had cheer practice after school so it's not like she could come over and entertain him.

He technically had other friends now that he was on the basketball team but he didn't like most of them. The ones he did he wouldn't classify them as good friends. Or friends he would actively hang out with.

Then, he remembered Josh. Tyler realized he had just seen him at school and their date had been not long ago but he really wanted to see Josh again.

Both of them had been too busy to really hang out outside of school or even go on a date. Josh was in the process of trying to find a job and Tyler's been doing conditioning for basketball. He couldn't complain though, it did help to get some of his supernatural energy out.

So, in the end, Tyler decided he missed Josh. A lot. He grabbed his phone and went to his messages, finding Josh's name.

Tyler
Do you wanna come over? I'm bored

It didn't take long for Josh to respond.

Josh
Let me ask my parents. I have homework

Tyler
Bring it over. I have some too

A few minutes passed and Tyler waited patiently as Josh assumably went to go ask for permission to come over.

Josh replied back and Tyler smiled widely at the words on his screen.

Josh
I'll be over soon

Tyler typed a quick reply with that same goofy grin on his face and set his phone down. Josh did something to Tyler and he loved how he felt due to the boy.

Never in a million years did he think he would have a crush on Josh. They started off on the wrong foot and Tyler didn't even think he could handle having a crush after the party in May. 

He knew Josh didn't live too far from him since they were in the same school district so he quickly picked up his room to make it more presentable.

Just as he finished, the doorbell went off. Tyler hurried down the steps and took a deep breath before opening the door. "Hey," he smiled.

Josh smiled back, his cheeks faintly red from the cold. "Hi."

Tyler steppe aside so Josh could come in. "We can go to my room."

He led the way and the two walked in. Tyler realized Josh hasn't been in his room before and hoped this didn't seem weird.

"I like your room," Josh complimented as he sat on the bed while Tyler shut the door.

"Thanks," Tyler smiled. He didn't think his room was anything special but he was glad Josh liked it.

Josh took his bag off his shoulders and opened it, instantly going to his homework. Tyler thought it was adorable. He thought Josh was adorable.

"So did you want to start with college algebra? I learned this at my old school so I don't think the homework will take too long. I think we were like two units ahead of you guys somehow," he laughed, looking up at Tyler with twinkling eyes.

Tyler was amazed with how adorable he was. His dark curls. The cute glasses on his face. The small bump in his nose. The nose ring in his left nostril. For once, Tyler was grateful for the senses that helped him pick up details. He could see each individual light freckle on Josh's face. He could count every eyelash on his eye. He could capture Josh perfectly.