30. Support

Hi double update because this has been siting in my drafts 🥳

Josh went into his room and began pacing back and forth, his thumb resting in his mouth anxiously. This wasn't supposed to happen.

The door opened and Jordan walked in. Luckily, he cleaned himself off first so Josh didn't have to talk to him and see animal blood everywhere.

"Um," Jordan began. "So it's not what it looks like."

"It looks like you're a vampire!" Josh whisper yelled at him.

Jordan blinked. "Wait, you know they—" he paused, correcting himself. "—we exist?"

"Yes! Tyler and Jenna are ones!"

Jordan let out a hum. "Interesting."

"When did this happen? What the fuck is going on?"

Jordan sat down on Josh's bed and when he did, Josh flinched and involuntarily moved away. He knew Tyler and Jenna weren't going to hurt him. They've worked on their control. He didn't know how long Jordan's been like this and didn't know what could happen.

However, Jordan rolled his eyes. "If I was going to feed from you I would have done it already."

Josh must've had a panicked look on his face because Jordan busted out laughing. "Stop!"

"I'm not going to hurt you, relax," he fell backwards onto the bed and glanced up at the ceiling.

"How did this happen?"

Jordan let out another hum. "Y'know Rylee?"

"Yeah?" Josh replied, waiting for him to go on. He didn't speak right away and that's when it dawned on Josh. That's who turned him. "Oh my God!"

"Jesus, why are you being so loud?" Jordan groaned. "My ears are still adjusting to noise calm down."

"She's—"

"Oh yeah," Jordan smirked. "It's hot."

Josh blushed when he remembered all the times he's called Tyler hot but then grimaced when he thought about someone calling his brother hot. Yuck.

"How did it happen?"

"We were hanging out at her house and we started making out," Jordan began. "And then she looked me in the eye and said she could offer me something magical," he looked over at Josh. "I thought she meant sex so I agreed but then she hypnotized me and sunk her teeth into my neck so here we are now."

"Magical?" Josh scoffed. "Yeah. Tyler complaining about being a vampire sure sounds magical."

Jordan sat up and furrowed his eyebrows. "He complains? I love this shit."

Josh was the one to become confused next. "What?"

"Yeah. I was sick those few days while the venom made its way through my body and that fucking hurt like hell. Then, Rylee came over when you guys were at school and work and helped me turn.  That was about two weeks ago. I didn't realize what was happening until right before it actually happened and it hurt like a bitch— worse than being sick did —when it did happen but after it was... nice."

"Drinking blood is nice?" Josh asked in a stressed voice.

"Well to us it actually tastes good," Jordan explained. "Except A negative that shit is nasty even though Rylee likes it. That's been the biggest fight of our relationship for sure. She told me I have a surprising amount of control and willpower. I guess that's why I don't freak out around people even though I'm freshly turned."

"How would..." Josh swallowed. "How would you know? What it tastes like?"

Jordan looked at him. "Because I've fed before...? It's usually only people though. The squirrel thing was just because Rylee can't go out tonight so I had to compensate."

Josh wanted to throw up. Tyler hated this lifestyle and fed on people only when he had to for energy. Jordan was thriving and was avidly using people for his gain. He wasn't just trying to survive.

"How many times? Have you done it?"

"Well Rylee told me since we have a people diet—" he let out a laugh when he saw Josh's face pale. "—that we only have to feed like every week and a half to two weeks but since I'm still new to this I have to feed more often. Besides, the more you feed the stronger you are."

The lifestyle differences hit Josh again. Tyler and Jenna relied mainly on animals and only fed enough to keep them alive. Jordan and his girlfriend were doing it for power.

"Jordan—"

"Don't even try to tell me that your wimpy ass boyfriend does something different," the mentioned interrupted. "Tyler wallows in his misery about being like this and everyone just lets him. Yeah it has its drawbacks but so does everything. This is empowering. I feel like a whole new person. Easily the best thing to happen to me."

Josh blinked. "Let me get this straight," he began. "Being dead, having to drink blood— specially human blood —to survive, and outliving everyone who's ever meant anything to you is the best thing to happen to you?"

Jordan nodded. "Yeah. Pretty much."

Josh scoffed. "Unbelievable."

Jordan frowned. "You're being an asshole. You obviously support Tyler if you're still with him."

"Because he didn't ask for this!"

"Neither did I!" Jordan yelled back. "Obviously this is not what I thought she was talking about and it's too late to do anything about it now! I'm not gonna be a little bitch about it though! I'm embracing it because that's all I can do!

"I don't kill people. I'm not going to turn anyone else. This has brought Rylee and I closer and—"

"Oh yeah your temporary high school girlfriend that you'll dump in a week," Josh rolled his eyes.

"I told her I loved her," Jordan continued quietly. "Like that's how much I'm committed to this. Things are different for me now. I'm not spastic anymore, things seem clearer now, my emotions are all over the place but they're more intense. I don't get why you're trying to bring me down on something I can't change. I need your support too. I don't have anyone else other than her. Mom and Dad can't find out. You weren't even supposed to find out."

Josh sighed and rubbed his temples. "So you're telling me that all you needed for the ADHD to go away was to die?"

Jordan let out a laugh and nudged Josh's shoulder. "Be serious. Will you still be there for me? I need you in my corner, J. I'm not going to force anything onto you and I'm not trying to sell you a lifetime of bloodsucking or anything but I need you to help me stay positive about this."

Josh wrapped an arm around Jordan's shoulders and pulled him into his side. "As long as you don't kill me," he jokes. When the hell did his life turn into jokes about him dying?

"Don't make me mad and we won't have a problem," Jordan told him seriously, looking at him.

Josh's face paled again which caused Jordan to laugh again as well. "Asshole," Josh grumbled but there was a small smile on his face.

Jordan just rested his head on his brother's shoulder and Josh let out a sigh.

He can't believe this is the point his life got to.