18. Nervous

Josh woke up that next morning, a Friday, begrudgingly. They had school off for a professional day, luckily. Although Josh hasn't done any drinking or actual partying, he was still exhausted. He felt like he never had enough energy.

His eyes caught his phone charging next to him and he rolled over, grabbing it and pressing the home button. It was almost ten. He had no clue why he was still tired.

With a yawn, he pulled the covered up closer to his chin. Tyler was right. It was supposed to snow in the next week and it was absolutely freezing on only the first day of November.

Tyler. Josh suddenly remembered what happened with Tyler the night before and a soft smile made its way onto his face. Tyler was his boyfriend.

Speaking of Tyler, Josh then realized that he had a message from him.

Tyler
Good morning. Do you wanna come over today?

With the sleepy smile still on his face, he typed back.

Josh
Sure. What time?

Instead of responding over text, Tyler then proceeded to call him. Josh accepted it with his heart racing. "Hi."

"Oh— your voice sounds very hot when you wake up," Tyler hummed out.

Josh let out a small laugh. "Thanks. I thinks it's due to dehydration."

Tyler laughed as well and Josh's smile grew. "You're cute."

"Thanks," Josh blushed. "You're cute too."

"Thanks," Tyler copied. "So what time did you wanna come over? I kinda have to clean my room and I need enough time," he joked.

"Why don't you come over to my house? You've never been here."

"Okay," Josh could practically see Tyler nodding. "What time then?"

"Uhh..." Josh thought for a moment. "Maybe like noon? So I can get ready and tell Jordan not to embarrass me. I might take another fifteen minute power nap."

Tyler laughed once again. "Okay. Noon works for me."

"How long have you been awake? I'm still exhausted."

"Oh," Tyler paused. "I don't need much sleep my body's used to never sleeping. I woke up pretty early."

"Damn, wish that were me. I could sleep for two whole days and still be exhausted," Josh joked.

"I'm sorry."

"Hey, it's all good. I'm just a teenager. I'll hopefully grow out of it at one point."

Tyler let out a hum. "Well, I'll let you go so you can go get ready and I'll see you in a couple of hours."

Josh smiled again. "Bye, Tyler."

"Bye, Josh."

He let Tyler hang up before letting his phone fall from his hand back on to the bed and letting out a sigh.

It all felt a little too good to be true but Josh didn't worry about that.

He just worried about getting his fifteen minute power nap in so he could see his boyfriend.