1. Moving

Joshua Dun was not a popular kid.

He didn't really have any friends. He kept to himself most of the time. He worked on his school work so he could keep his grades up before graduation.

However, when Josh's parents told him and his siblings that they were moving he wasn't the biggest fan.

Sure his school was kind of lame and sure he was sort of a loner with the exception of the few kids he talked to during class. However, Josh didn't find it ideal that he was moving from Columbus, Ohio to Hartgate, Colorado a month into his senior year. He had already invited for early admissions for Ohio State and it seemed redundant for him to have to move back but he didn't say anything about any of it.

His brother, though, did say something. He's said a lot. He did not want to move. And Josh sure as hell has heard enough about it.

"Mom!" Jordan whined. "I don't wanna go! I have to leave all my friends and my girlfriend!"

"Didn't your girlfriend dump you?" Josh raised any eyebrow.

"We have a causal thing right now," Jordan replied.

"I thought she was sleeping with the quarterback."

Jordan sighed. "Okay yes... But I still have lots of friends!"

Their mom sighed as she set the last box in the trunk and closed the door. She dusted off her hands. "Josh is the only one not driving me crazy over this move. Jordan you'll find a new girlfriend and friends I promise you. Your father was moved to Colorado and we just have to deal with it as a family because we love one another."

"I don't love Josh he's gross," Jordan replied, sticking his head out of the backseat.

"Jordan!" His mom scolded.

Josh rolled his eyes and pushed him into the car. "You're stuck with me for 19 hours so you better learn to deal with it."

Suddenly, their dad walked out which signaled they were leaving. Josh watched bittersweetly as his dad shut the door to their now sold house for the last time. They had moved a lot when he was younger but they had managed to stay in Columbus for four years. It felt like home.

"Ready guys?" Their dad gave them an encouraging smile. "I know moving in the middle or— in Josh's case —end of high school but I'm proud of you guys for trying to make the most of this. It'll be good for us."

"I'm not making the most of this and I it's not going to be good for me," Jordan grumbled and crosses his arms as Josh sat next to him.

"For 16 years old you sure are whiny as shit," Josh commented.

"Mom! Josh called me whiny!" Jordan... well... whined.

Josh just sighed and grabbed his headphones out. This was going to be a long drive.

---

It wasn't until the next day at five in the afternoon they pulled into the driveway of their new house. They stopped a few times throughout the trip for bathroom breaks, lunch, and dinner before staying at a hotel overnight but they eventually made it.

As soon as the car was parked Jordan flung the door opened and began stretching. "I thought I was gonna die."

"You are so overdramatic," Josh told him, getting out as well.

"Mom! Josh called me—"

"Overdramatic and yes you are," their mom sighed as her and his dad got out too.

"Why does everyone in this family bully me?"

"You're easy to bully," their dad spoke up, making Josh laugh.