31. Hopefully

Tyler and Jenna were laying on Jenna's couch, tangled up together in nothing more than a platonic way. Tyler always felt better when he was physically close with her. It felt like they had a bond. A bond bigger than her just taking him under her wing.

He was laying behind her, his arms wrapped around her stomach protectively as he used one of his hands to rub her thigh occasionally. They had been closer than this before so it wasn't anything new. He knew Josh was okay with it because one, he wouldn't cheat, and two he was one hundred percent gay so nothing would happen from it.

Jenna let out a small sigh. "Hey, Ty?" She spoke up.

"Yeah?"

"How does it feel to be in love with someone like Josh? Y'know... someone not like us..."

Tyler thought for a moment before responding. "It's scary. It's really scary. He could choose to call me a freak and be done with my bullshit and fuck off at any moment and I wouldn't ever blame him I don't think. He's always more than understanding and even offers to let me feed from him—" Tyler almost paused, thinking of the time he actually did. Neither boy had told Jenna about it because they felt she would be disappointed in them. He didn't say anything about it once again. "—but I don't."

"Good."

Guilt creeped up at Tyler but he forced it away. "It's hard too," he continued. "Like what happens if we do become high school sweethearts and want to get married or something? Does he get turned? Do I let myself outlive him while I painfully watch him get older?"

Jenna stopped Tyler's now nervous thigh rubbing by grabbing his hand supportively. "I think you'll cross that bridge when you get there. I know I keep saying that and I know I keep saying to give things time but time is one of the few things that genuinely helps. And I know what ever choice you make will be thought out and the choice you think is best."

Tyler smiled and kissed the top of her head. "Thanks."

"Of course."

The two were about to resume the movie when they were cut off by Tyler's phone going off. He saw it said Josh was calling so grabbed it, putting it to his ear. "Hello?"

"Tyler," he breathed out. His tone made Tyler's stomach drop. "I know you're at Jenna's but I drove over. Can you come out to my car?"

Tyler sat himself and Jenna up with a concerned look on his face. "Yeah. Will I be back? Would you rather I drive us to my house?"

"I just want to drive around a little. You'll be back. But I'm freaking the fuck out and need to talk to you."

"Okay," Tyler got up and went over to get his shoes on. "I'll be out in a few minutes."

"Thanks," Josh replied in a strained voice before hanging up.

"What's going on?" Jenna asked worriedly.

"I don't know," Tyler replied. "He said he was freaking out and asked me to come out to his car. He's waiting at the end of the driveway. Do you mind?"

"No not at all, it's obviously something important," she justified. "Let me know if there's anything I can do to help, okay?"

Tyler nodded and thanked her before leaving her house and hurrying out to Josh's car. As soon as he got in and the door was shut, Josh was backing out and making his way out of the neighborhood.

"Josh? What's wrong?" Tyler asked, feeling like something was really, really wrong.

Josh didn't answer and he continued to drive silently until they were pulling up to a park a little ways away from his house. It was only a little past ten so Tyler wasn't too worried about anything happening.