28. Sick

Warning for vomit

Really the last thing that Josh wanted to do the morning of the 3rd was go back to school but he pulled himself out of bed and was about to enter the bathroom when he stopped, grimacing at the what he saw.

Jordan was leaning over the toilet, puking violently.

Josh leaned against the doorframe. Jordan probably ended up drinking or something. "Want me to hold your hair back?"

Jordan still managed to flip him off as he sat on the floor and emptied his stomach into the porcelain bowl. Once he got a moment, he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. "I think I have the flu."

"Let me feel your head," Josh sighed, feeling bad as he realized Jordan hadn't brought it upon himself. He touched Jordan's forehead and it was hot to the touch. "Yeah, you're definitely running a fever. It is flu season. You should have gotten a shot with Mom, Dad, and I."

"Leave me alone," he croaked out. "I feel like shit. Some asshole probably got me sick when I went to dinner last night."

"Do you want me to get Mom?"

"Yeah," Jordan replied miserably before going back to throwing up.

Josh sighed and walked into his parents' room, seeing his mom getting ready for work. "Morning, honey," she smiled.

"Morning," he hummed. "Jordan's sick. He's puking in the bathroom."

His mom frowned. "Aw, baby," she spoke sadly before walking off. "Use my bathroom to get ready," she called.

Josh grabbed a towel before going back into his parents' bathroom and starting a shower.

While he waited for it to warm up, he ran his hand through his hair and let out a sigh. It was his last semester of high school. He could do this.

He quickly showered and changed into one of Tyler's hoodies he gave Josh and a pair of jeans. He readjusted his nose ring and fixed his hair before grabbing his bag and leaving his room.

He saw Jordan's door was open and that his little brother was now laying in his bed with a thermometer in his mouth.

Their mom walked back in with a packet of saltines and some ginger ale a few moments later. The thermometer been led and she sighed. "102.7 degrees."

Jordan let out a groan. "I'm gonna puke again."

Their mom quickly moved out of the way and Jordan leapt up and ran into the bathroom. "I'll probably stay home with him if he's this sick."

Josh nodded. "Let me know how he's feeling. I'm gonna head to school."

"Bye, sweetheart. I love you too."

Josh shot her a smile before getting up. "I love you too."

He left and was about to walk out the door when he saw he was getting an incoming class. He saw it was Tyler and stopped walking, a worried look on his face. Answering the call, he put his phone to his ear. "Hello?"

"Fuck!" Tyler let out an angry noise. "Josh?"

"What's wrong, Ty?"

"My car won't start. Can you come pick me up? I'd walk but that would look suspicious."

"Of course," Josh assured as he continued walking to his car, making sure to side step a big chunk of ice on the sidewalk. "I'll be there soon, okay?"