34. Hastily

Warning for mention of attempted suicide. Please stay safe guys. I'll put a warning later on when it's actually mentioned. If you need a run down you can inline comment.

Tyler was laying with Josh on the former's bed as they watched a show on Netflix. Josh had gotten ungrounded a few days prior and just in time. It was Valentine's Day and the two already gave each other small presents. They didn't want to do anything big or expensive so they were just enjoying each others' company.

"J, why are we watching this?" Tyler let out a laugh. "It's so bad it's almost comical."

"Exactly! Fuller House is just like that. Plus we get to see old coked-out Danny Tanner."

"He doesn't do drugs," Tyler spoke in disbelief. "He's Danny Tanner he can't."

"Bob Saget is literally a coke addict, Ty. Or at least she asked the actress from Boy Meets Worls for coke one time."

"My whole life's been a lie. All 18 years of it," he sighed dramatically.

Josh laughed at him. "It's not a lie if you just never knew."

"Yeah well now I do now and that's something I'll have to live the rest of my immortal life knowing," he joked, not thinking anything of it.

However, he felt Josh's body tense and stiffen and he knew the smile on his face had dropped.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Tyler asked gently.

"Nothing," Josh replied quietly.

Tyler leaned forward slightly so he could pause his TV before readjusting them so Josh was facing him. It made it easier to talk. "What's wrong?" Tyler repeated.

"I don't wanna talk about it Tyler," Josh replied shortly. "It'll just ruin our day."

"It won't ruin anything. Something's obviously bothering you. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to but it's gonna cause an issue between us if you don't. Secrets don't work for us."

"Why are we dating?" Josh asked, a sigh leaning his lips. He looked serious.

Tyler was taken aback by that question. "What?" His stomach started to fill with dread. "Because I love you. You love me too, right?"

Tyler knew Josh could sense his anxiety because he quickly tried to remedy things. "Yes, of course I love you too."

"Then why are you asking?"

Josh looked at him with a defeated look. It broke Tyler's heart. He wish he would have known something was bothering Josh before today. "It's pointless, Tyler. It's pointless to be dating."

"Woah," Tyler gave him a look of betrayal. "Are you breaking up with me?"

"No!" Josh assured. "I just... I had this talk with Jordan about how if you don't date to be with someone long term then you're just dating for heartbreak and—"

"Josh you can say that about any relationship," Tyler let out a humorless laugh.

"You're going to outlive me."