oh baby

Word Count - 1633
*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•
" I think of the night in the park, it was getting dark
And we stayed up for hours
What a time, what a time, what a time
You clinged to my body like you wanted it forever"
*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Waking up in a foreign city and a foreign bed is difficult at first, and what makes it harder is that he isn't with me.

he doesn't want to talk to me.
he's distancing himself from me
but i'm the one 2000 miles away.
i get the feeling that he won't need me again.

I figured i would make most of the day. Buy a few things such as food, jumpers and school supplies for study and note taking.

I used my phone the entire time for directions and i couldn't help but feel a little numb. I should be excited to be in such a beautiful city yet i feel so bad, so unfulfilled. I started off wandering in a few stores for some clothes, then i had lunch by myself whilst listening to music. Towards the end of the day as it got darker, i got some books and notepads for school, since i start in 2 weeks.

As i sat on the sun bed near my large windows i called my mother. She will be coming to London in a few days to check in on me and is staying till i start school. Then she goes off and i'll see her after the school term when i came back for the long summer holidays.

" Tilly my darling how are you?"
" I'm good, just wanted to check in. How are you?"
" Oh i'm just great, what have you got up to?"

I explained that i did some shopping to get some warmer clothes, had lunch and got some supplies for school. I then explained how lonely and big my apartment was and how that added to my terrible home sickness.

" Look darling at first it's going to be hard, but knowing you, you'll power on just fine"
" I know mum, it's just so lonely up here. I can't wait for you to come stay for a while."
" Oh same here i can't wait to see that big apartment of yours"
" Yeah same, it will be good to have some company"
" Don't worry you'll make friends at your new school"
" I'm not very good at making friends mum"
" Speaking of friends, Leo stopped by today"
" he did?" my throat went dry.

" He dropped off a few things, like your books and shoes, and this big white jacket"

i almost dropped the phone out of my hand. I had given leo that jacket a year ago because he loved it so much he would sometimes steal it from my room when i was away. And he returned it? He wore it almost all the time and now he didn't want to use it? He truely hates me and i don't blame him.

" Tilly?"
" Yes"
" I thought you had died for a second"
" Sorry, look i might go to bed, i'm feeling quite exhausted"
" Okay goodnight. i love you"
" And i love you too"

As soon as i hung up the phone i raced to my jacket. I needed junk food urgently, and i need to eat my feelings. I basically broke up with my best friend and what sounds good right now is a bag of sweets.

Putting the closest shop into my phone i slowly made my way into the city. Sounds of laughter and chatter could be heard but i kept focus on my one goal. To eat a shit ton of bad food.

As i made my way into the store, i picked out two bags of lollies and one bar of chocolate. I was excited to eat tonight, i didn't even care about the consequences.

Leaving the store feeling a little better i hit shoulders with an ongoing stranger falling straight to the ground.

" Oh my goodness i'm so sorry"
her voice was light and girly.
" No worries"
I grabbed her hand and she pulled me up, giving me the biggest grin.