forever

Word Count : 854 words
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

I ran up the stairs to my apartment quicker than i could ever imagine.

As i reached my front door, i saw Joey sitting across from it, his hands covering his face.

" J?"
He stood up and rubbed his eyes. They were red and had water marks surrounding the outside. He must of been crying.

I instantly went over to him and put my hands on his cheeks, wiping away his tears.

" What's wrong?"
He moved away from my embrace and stood 2 metres away from me.

"Please just don't touch me anymore"
My eyes widened at his response

" What's going on Joey?"
"You love him don't you?"
" Love who?"
"You know who"

"No ... i dont"
" Please stop lying to me"
"Of course i love him, he's my best friend, ... well he used to be my best friend"

"I know you love him more than that"
I stood there, starring back at him.

"Did you ever love me?"
"Of course i did Joey"
" But just not as much as you loved him..."
I was quiet, again.

" I'm going to leave"
" No Joey wait"
He turned back, facing me again.

" Thank you"
" For what tilly?"
"Making me forget some hard times in my life, making me feel like i'm not worthless"
"Tilly you've never been worthless and when you open your eyes and see that, you'll realise that the whole world isn't against you"

My legs almost gave way. He gave me one soft smile before returning to his apartment.
I know he just broke up with me but am unfamiliar feeling of happiness rose within me. He knew me, all this time, Joey did know me. And he let me go, and i'm thankful for that.

I opened my apartment door, and crept slowing inside. I dropped my bags off and walked slowly to my bedroom. And when i changed out of my clothes, i literally fell on my bed, and went to sleep almost instantly.

I woke up around 7.30pm.

It was still pretty light up in the sky, and i laid in bed for a moments notice before i could hear a soft sound coming from outside my bedroom.

When i stood up i could see the back of Leo. I then remember he said to me that he'd be outside my bedroom when i wake up, and i guess he didn't lie.

I opened the window, which made a loud creak. He turned around instantly and smiled at me.

I sat next to him, without uttering a word.

He was smoking, and i took the cigarette out of his hands and breathed in some of the smoke. He just waited, staring back at me, as if he was waiting for something to happen, but nothing did.

"Hi"
" Hey"

" I've been wanting to tell you something for quiet some time."
" Yes?"
" I've been writing, you know, since i was 16"
" Yes in that little note book of yours"
" And mum read my book, even though i told her not to"
" Oh, you'd hate that.."
" Yeah i was angry at the time, but then she told me that i should do something with it"
"Oh, like what?"
" Put it into a play or a book"
" Ooooo that sounds exciting"
"Yeah, last wednesday i showed it to a little
company located in upper new york and they loved it -"
"And!"
"They've organised me to do shows, where i'll read out my book, and perform"
" Youre kidding me?"
" No, i know that sounds crazy, but i'm excited"
"What's this book about?"
" High school life, challenges and love"

" And what do you know about Love?" i giggled.

"I know it's right in front of me"
"Not tonight Leo"
"No ive never told you how grateful i am for you"

" Leo please, ive just broken up with Joey, and i just can't think about boys for a while"
"You broke up with him?"
"No he broke up with me"
" What why? he suddenly got angry.

I cleared my throat.
" Why Tilly?"

" Because he said he doesn't want to love someone who is already in love with someone else."

" Who else?
" You"

He instantly got closer to me and put his hands on the side of my face, putting a strand of hair behind my ear.

" forever"

He leaned in and kissed me so gently. He waited a few moments before pulling away.

"I've been wanting to do that ever since the last time"
"Leo i need time before we do anything else."

"Trust me honey, i'd wait a thousand years if it meant i could spend one night with you"

"Stop with that poetry and shit"

He giggled and so did i.

We then looked out into the view ahead of us. The sun was setting in the sky, and bits of orange and pink reflected on my faces.

My eyes drifted back to Leo, and i could tell he wouldn't break his concentration on the view ahead of me. His beautiful warm features made my heart beat faster.

How could such a fucked up girl be sitting next to someone who resembled Leo...

^^^^^^^^^^^^
hey baby's,
i love u all
thanks 4 reading :)
~ cleo