stop staring

Word Count ~ 1149
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

A loud thud, woke me quickly from my long sleep.

It was very early in the morning, and i couldn't even keep my eyes open too long.

I decided to check what the sound was, and walked slowly to my mothers room.

She was sleeping, and didn't seem to awake up from the loud sound. I stepped into the kitchen, making sure everything was okay, and it was. I even went outside my balcony, checking if maybe it was Leo, but he was no where to be found.

I went to my front door, and looked out the peep-hole, and saw no one. I then opened the door, and looked at the ground to see a white little letter, with the words "Matilda" written in cursive. I recognised the writing, but couldn't quite pinpoint how i knew the font.

I closed the door behind me, and sat on a worn out chair in the kitchen, and read the words in my mind.

Dear Matilda,

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to write to you. I haven't seen you since you were 5 years old, and i cant imagine what you look like now. I miss your beautiful face, and i hope to see you sometime.

After leaving you and your mother i fell into a state of absolute disaster. I wasn't eating, i was consuming drugs and participating in terrible crimes, and it wasn't until i met a man called Daniel, that i started to get into better shape.

Daniel helped me get sober, but he also got me a job. I started to earn more money than i could handle. I'm currently a CEO of a large business brand and i couldn't be more happy.

I'm earning more, but i've also re-married. Her name is Chloe, and she's everything i could ever ask for in a person. She's kind, caring and loving.

Attached is a photo of us and my 6 year old daughter Georgie. You have a half sister!

I'm writing to you after such a long time because i'm offering you a position at a university in London, because that's the least i could do after abandoning you and your mother.

Please meet me on monday, as i would love to chat with you. I have a reservation at a local restaurant at 7.30pm.

I'm sorry again Matilda,
and i know this letter isn't being very sincere, but i want to make it up to you.

PS - Don't tell your mother yet.

~ Dad.

I covered my mouth as i went over those words, again and again. How can he be so causal about this? I haven't seen him in 12 years, and he shows me a photo of his new family as if i was nothing to him. Now he has a perfect life and family and i'm here, suffering in this terrible apartment. I don't even want to see his face.

Anger bursts through me faster than it ever has. The first thing i thought of was Leo, and how much i need to be with him right now.

I run into my bedroom, pushing up the window, and slowly walking down the stairs to Leo's balcony.

I knock on his window, and i can see he's sleeping. I knock again, this time louder, and he quickly turns around. He puts on a shirt and slowly walks to the window, unlocking it for me.

" What is your problem?"

I stepped through the window, and sat on his bed.

" Read it"

He took the letter from my hands, and i jumped into his bed and went under the covers. I pulled the blanket over my face so he couldn't see how upset i was.

"Oh til.. i'm so sorry"

He walked over to me, and sat on the bed in which i was currently lying on.

" He's such a dick, to do this to you"

I revealed my face under the covers and saw leo's eyes , and they were full of sympathy.

" I cant believe he was so causal about it"

" Til he's a dick. That's all i can say. Don't meet him"

"Oh i'm not planning on it"

Tears slowly ran down my cheeks and i kept on looking at Leo's eyes, wondering why all this shit happens to me.

He moved closer, and wiped the tears from my cheek.

He moved back to being away from my face after reality hit in.

" It's 3.22am "
" I'm sorry, i didn't realise it was so early, i shouldn't of woken you"

" No it's okay, do you want to go outside?"

" Sure"

We swiftly made our way out the window, and sat on his balcony. I just looked at the rest of New York City and for the first time in ages, my thoughts drifted and melted, as if they didn't matter anymore.

Leo put his arm over my shoulder and i softened in his embrace. I leant my head on his shoulder and we stayed like that for a moments notice.

" Leo"
" Til"
"Why do i never end up happy. Why don't i ever feel love with anyone not anything"
" We accept the love we think we deserve"

I looked at him to realise he was looking at me the whole time.

" You'll be okay tilly, you always will be"
" How do you know?"
" Because you got me"
" That's all i could ever want"

He smiled and giggled. And he returned his eyes back to the view in front of us. But i didn't look away. I never do. I just watched him. He's beautiful. His eyes reflected the view in front of us.  A small smile was present on his face, and his hair looked soft.

I cant believe that i'm friends with this guy, even though i want to be more.

" Stop staring"
" I wasn't"
" i saw you "

I giggled.

" Just looking at my best friend"
He looked back at me.

" Friend.."
" Yes"
" We aren't going to be friends"
" What? What are you even saying Leo"

He placed his lips on mine, and put his hands on the back of my head. We continued our kiss and it felt like ages since i got air. But if it came to kissing leo longer, i would suffocate rather than push away.

He pulled away.

"I'm sorry i got caught up in the moment"
" I didn't mind it"
" You didn't?"
A smile rose on his face again.

This time i went in for the kiss, and it was just as amazing as the last one, but this time it was much longer.

" Wow Til"
i giggled.

" So our friendship is totally down the drain"

"I would rather this than a friendship..." leo spoke up.
Wow i cant believe what i'm hearing right now. Am i in a dream?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hey guys,

i'm so sorry for my bad updates but i love y'all