Visiting Grandma. The Sapphire Ring.

Since my grandma's passing a while back I kept having these dreams about her and she seemed so happy for me that I was doing well. I kept rubbing my baby bump that was getting bigger by the minute and Josh was rolled over on his side with his hand on my stomach. I looked over at him with a smile knowing he was going to be a great step dad to Conner and this little girl in me.

The next morning.....

We both woke up in the same position. It was nice.
Josh: Morning honey.
Me: Morning.
Josh: You know I leave tomorrow right?
Me: Yes. 😭 Don't remind me.
Josh: I know babe. I'm sorry.
Me: No you are fine. It was bound to happen and you need to go out and be the brave sailor that I know and love.
Josh: Yes, I love you also.
Me: I know. ;) Do you mind coming somewhere with me today?
Josh: Yeah sure. Where did you have in mind?
Me: Well since my grandma passed a couple of years ago maybe it is about time you come with me and visit her and my grandpa.
Josh: Okay I will come.
Me: Thank you. I know she would like to meet you. She always loved the name Joshua.
Josh: Really?
Me: Yep. For some reason she always used to bring up the name Joshua and then it became a thing with her. 😂
Josh: Maybe she knew something you didn't.
Me: Maybe. She was a very biblical person so I wouldn't be surprised.
Josh: Yeah.

As the day went on we got dressed and went to the cemetery in New Jersey to visit my grandma and grandpa.

We had some interesting conversations in the car. He would make me laugh along the way because that is what Josh did best.

Josh: Honey is this your grandma and grandpa's stone?
Me: Yes that is them.
Josh: Your family really loves to visit.
Me: Oh yeah. Everyone cherished them so much. I think about them all the time. I didn't remember my grandpa because he died before I was born but my grandma I was always attached to her hip.
Josh: I like that. You had a connection with her.
Me: Mhm. She always loved to put others before herself and that is why people respected her so much. She was a hard worker who loved her husband, her kids, and her family.
Josh: I love that so much. Your grandma must have been one amazing lady.
Me: She was.

As Josh and I continued to talk a breeze blew and I thought it was interesting and then following the breeze came a rose.

Josh: Where did the rose come from?
Me: I don't know maybe the wind blew it from another stone. That happens when the wind picks up.
Josh: Maybe but why would a rose blow all the way here.
Me: True. And it is still on its stem. That's interesting.
Josh: Did your grandma like roses?
Me: She loved them. We used to have rose bushes in front of my house and my grandma always loved the color red and roses were her favorite.
Josh: She might be telling you something then.
Me: Maybe she is.

Josh leaned in as we sat in front of the stone and kissed me on the lips for a couple of minutes. It felt nice having his lips on mine.

Josh: Sarah look another rose.
Me: Wow. Another red rose.
Josh: Okay your grandma must know we are here.
Me: Yeah and she probably says oh look she's with a Joshua perfect. 😂
Josh: Haha that's so funny that she loves the name.
Me: I don't know why she loved the name so much but sometimes it is funny because I can hear her saying your name in my head.
Josh: That's cute babe.
Me: Yep.
Josh: So when I come back from deployment I want to find a place with you and the kids.
Me: That sounds nice.
Josh: Yeah I thought so also.
Me: You know I love you right. You didn't have to give me a chance but you did. I know how much Conner loves you and I believe this little girl is going to love you even more.
Josh: Yeah I know. I want to be apart of their lives as much as Aaron is honestly speaking.
Me: I know he would want you to be.

I kissed my grandpa and grandma good bye and Josh did the same out of respect.

We walked over to the military section and payed respects to those of the fallen since Josh and I pretty much felt for them and their families and friends.