I appreciate you

Bakagou keeps approaching me, until our faces are just inches apart. I swallow hard and my eyes start to water as we stare into each others.

Finally he steps back and jabs my chest with an accusing finger, his face red "You! I appreciate you!!"

I hear the guys burst into laughter behind me. I stand in shock, not knowing what to say, my mouth opening and shutting. "...thanks..?" I squeak out.

This just throws the guys into hysterics. Katsuki just stares at me, face still red, then nods and walks out.

I turn around to look at the guys. Denki is on the floor, pounding his fists on it, Sero is gripping his sides in tears, and Shinsou is shaking, holding onto the ledge for support.

I leave the cackling idiots outside, and go into the privacy of the hallway. I lean on one of the walls, trying to calm myself.

What the hell just happened? All he said was that he appreciates me, so why is it my heart's beating this fast, my breath's short, and I'm completely flushed.

I need to find Ochaco

I run back downstairs, and when I found her, I grabbed her wrists and started pulling her away. "Ow ow, Deku you're hurting me."

I turn to face her and let go. She winces and rubs her wrists "ow. Dude, what's the rush?" Her look softens when she seems my face "what's wrong?"

"I,.uh,.. nothing really, I just,...." I look down, trying to hide my blush with no luck.

Her face lights up "Oh! Did you talk to Ba-tdtydhg" I cut her off by placing a hand over her mouth.

I nod once and let my hand fall. She beams at me "Details!" I see Mina bouncing towards us and try to hide my smiling, blushing, mess of a face.

"Ooh! Drama? Is there any tea for me?" She says as she slips a hand into Uraraka's. I smile and raise my eyebrows at the two of them. Ochaco waves all of my questions away, "i-its,.. I'll tell you everything later, but now we're talking about you. Spill!"

I laugh "ok, but not here. Your room?" I say urgently and she nods as she tries to let go of the pink girl. "Aweeee" Mina whines "Can I come?"

"Wait, Actually? That's what he said?" The two girls bounce on the fluffy bed. I nod slowly "i-is that good? Or,..." I stutter.

"So far so good!" Ashido interrupts me "Of course it could have been better, but this is a start. Especially with how he usually acts towards you!"

Ochaco nods in agreement with her, and in all the excitement, floats herself towards her ceiling "Thats adorable!!!"

Mina giggles as she watches Uraraka float around, then turns to face me as she props her face up with her hands and some pillows "Wait, so how long have you liked him?"

I turn red as I try to think about it "I mean, I've always admired him,...ever since we were little kids. But I think I really started thinking more of him,...once I,..saw how he was kind of opening to everyone again,...like when we were little kids. He realized he's not the best anymore and that made him more,....humble?"

Ochaco nods in understanding, but Mina is squealing and flopping around "this is so cute!!!!!" She grabs the brunettes face and pulls her close "we gotta get them together."

Uraraka bobs her head up and down repeatedly, and I'm scared it might fall off completely. I laugh "thanks guys, but it's fine. I mean I'd be glad if something happened, but I'm also scared, and don't mind if it just stayed like this."

This time it's my turn to get my cheeks squished "oh no my boy. We're gonna do something about it. By next year, you'll be together." I roll my eyes at her "so by tomorrow?"

She laughs as she rubs the back of her neck "right! I forgot tomorrow's new years." She grabs Ochaco under her arms and hoists her up "up you go! Ok, well we still need to finish decorating."

Ochaco looks back at her "I though we were do-" she trails off as she takes Ashido's hint "Ah! Right! She wanted to help decorate my room."

I gesture to her already decorated room and give them a knowing look "Right. Decorate. It's all good guys. I get it. Have fun!" I wave as I walk out the room.