50

Chapter 50 - "Insatiable"

✧"Had I known how to save a life"✧

"Had I known how to save a life"

Stiles and I sit side by side on Scott's bed in silence. I have his hand in mine as I trace patterns on the back of it with my free hand. I told him everything he missed. The whole story of how the Hale's knew about me being adopted. Stiles listened intently, making different facial expressions at the right times. Now we're silent; not knowing what to say to the other. After a minute or two of us just taking in the others prescence, Stiles speaks up.

"I'm so sorry about eveything." He says quietly. When I look up I meet his eyes which are already looking at me.

I sigh. "It's not your fault, Stiles. It wasn't you." I tell him.

"It wasn't me but I saw everything that happened...I felt it all. I tried so hard to stop him from hurting you, Katherine, I did." He tells me as if I'll be mad if he didn't. I look between his eyes sadly while putting my hands on either side of his face to calm him down.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that, Stiles. But we're okay. All of us are, okay? You don't need to worry about it anymore. You're in control now." I tell him while gently rubbing the pad of my thumbs on his cheekbones. I feel him relax against my touch and watch as his eyes get droopy. This will probably be the first time he's been relaxed in a while.

"You're okay now, Stiles." I whisper. He then lies down, resting his head on my lap. I run my fingers through his hair soothingly and feel his body relax once again. I never take my eyes off of him as he drifts off for the first time in weeks.

I sit on Scott's bed besides Stiles who is lying on it. I'm holding his hand tightly while my mom uses her ophthalmoscope to look in his eyes. The room is completely quiet besides our breathing. I have been next to Stiles ever since he came back. Most people would call it clingy but...I'm just afraid to lose him again. My mom turns off the light while looking at Stiles, the gaze is distant. She reaches for his hand but stops halfway as if she's scared. Stiles lifts up his arm and she hesitantly wraps her fingers around his wrist to check his pulse.

"Well..." She trails off while gently laying his arm back across his stomach.

"Medically, you seem okay. You're definitely a real person." She finishes whith a halfhearted chuckle.

"Okay, so I'm real, but am I really me?" Stiles asks. Mom and I look to each other before Scott appears in the doorway. Stiles lifts himself up with his elbows as we all look over at Scott.