1 (season 1)

Chapter 1 - "Wolf Moon" (pt.1)
"We're running in the moonlight. We're dancing in the open waves."

As soon as I finish my book, I hear a noise outside that is very out of the ordinary. I quickly get up from my desk chair and run across the hall to Scott's room, and when I get there, he is already putting on a red sweater.

"I'm guessing you heard that too?" I ask. Scott instantly turns around, startled.

"Yeah, I'm gonna go check it out." He answers before grabbing the bat that rests against his bed. I don't know why he has that bat, he has never played baseball.

"Wait for me, I'm coming too." I say before rushing back into my room. I jump over the stack of books that stand in the middle of the room before stumbling towards my desk chair. I grab my red Beacon Hills sweatshirt, slipping it on over my head, before turning off my desk lamp. I rush out of the darkroom and silently close the door before peering into Scott's room to see that he's not in there anymore. I quietly make my way down the stairs towards the house door where Scott's waiting for me, his bat in his right hand and his left hand in his sweater pocket. He's looking away from me as if in a daze.

"Okay, let's go." I say, snapping him out of his daydream. He looks me over with a raised brow.

"Hey sis, I think you're forgetting something." He tells me while looking down at my feet. I follow his gaze only to notice that I'm not wearing shoes. I look over at the shoe mat next to the door, hoping to find a pair of my shoes. I put on my mom's sneakers instead, slipping my feet into them while using the wall in front of me to keep myself from falling over. Thank God we both have small feet.

"Okay, now I'm ready." Scott laughs before carefully opening the door, his bat at the ready. I follow him outside onto the deck, closing the door behind me. We look around the porch, making sure that nothing's out here. Scott slowly makes his way to the front of the porch and I follow. We both look out over the railing, but all we see is vague figures of bushes and dark green grass. We're about to turn around and head back inside the house when Stiles pops up out of nowhere, dangling from the roof. Scott and I both scream. Scott brings up his bat about to swing before Stiles starts screaming too. Scott cuts his scream short.

"Stiles what the hell are you doing here!?" Scott yells. I put my right hand over my heart as if it will help control my breathing. Stiles, still dangling from the roof, answers.

"You weren't answering your phone," He says through his voice crack. "Why do you have a bat?" Ha asks. Scott takes a deep breath before answering.

"I thought you were a predator." He says. Stiles laughs. I can see his face turning red from the position he's in. A vein on his forehead is bulging out.

"Look, I know it's late but listen, I saw my dad leave twenty minutes ago, dispatch called, they're bringing in every officer from the Beacon Hills department and even the state police." Stiles starts.

"For what?" I ask, concerned.

"Two joggers found a body in the woods." He answers before rolling off the roof. He lands at the bottom of the porch in front of us, standing on the bushes. He rests his arms on the white chipped railing.