30

Chapter 30 - "Fireflies"

✧"It hurts, doesn't it?"✧

"It hurts, doesn't it?"

I'm in the jeep with Stiles. He's just driving around because we have no idea what to do or where to go. Scott texted me a while ago telling me that they're okay. I had to call him because a text wasn't enough. After asking over and over again if he's okay, and him starting to get irritated with me, I hung up. It still isn't enough for me. I'll believe that he's okay when I see that he is. I slump in the leather seat before turning down the heat.

"Sorry, is it too hot?" Stiles asks while taking a quick glance at me.

"Well, only slightly." I answer. Then we both go silent. I keep thinking back to the other night at the party, did Stiles sleep with Heather? I feel like a terrible person for thinking about that right now but, I can't get it out of my head.

"Stiles did-- did you and Heather..." I trail off knowing that he'll catch on.

"No." He answers after a couple seconds of silence. I sit back up in the seat and look down at my lap. I just made this awkward.

"I went back down to the basement to tell her that I'd rather keep an eye on you, but she wasn't there." Stiles adds on. I lightly smile before turning my head to look at him.

"The condom in your pocket says otherwise." I tell him.

"Yes, I grabbed one when you left, but then I realized how much I..." He trails off and I look at him questioningly.

"I was gonna put it back after I told her but I forgot." He finishes before taking a quick glance at me. I can't believe he would rather watch over me then lose his virginity. I like him more everyday, every moment, every second.

"So you're still a virgin?" I ask while a small smile forms on my lips.

"Sadly, yes." He answers. I laugh and he looks over at me with a smile.

Lydia steps out of her car while texting, when she looks up she becomes confused. She thought she was driving to the store...turns out she drove to a public pool instead. When she stops at the entrance of the area she turns around to make sure she's alone. Out of the corner of her eye she sees something in the pool, a look of fear and worry takes over her face, she slowly walks towards the pool. Before Lydia is even standing over the water she notices that the something was actually a body. Lydia puts a hand to her mouth.