28 (season 3a)

Chapter 28 - "Tattoo"

Season 3a

✧"Welcome to the new age

"Welcome to the new age."

Me and Stiles stand next to Scott who is lying upright on a padded chair, getting ready for a tattoo. Scott drew the tattoo he wanted on a piece of paper and gave it to the tattoo artist. Two thick bands that will end up being wrapped around his bicep.

"Boy, it's a good thing you drew me a picture." The guy says sarcastically. I look at the mans buff arms to see how his skin is completely covered with tattoo's, not an area of plain skin is shown.   Stiles walks away from his place by my side to look at the wall full of tattoo drawings. I keep my spot next to Scott.

"Hey, Scott, sure you don't want something like this?" Stiles asks from beside us. Me and Scott look to our left to see Stiles holding up a black and white picture of a reptile that looks almost identical to the Kanima. I raise my brows at Stiles while I assume Scott does the same. Stiles looks between us both while lowering down the picture.

"Too soon?" Stiles asks before putting the drawing back against the wall. Ever since Jackson left for London we have been messaging a lot more and are becoming close friends. Whoever thought? I turn back to Scott as the tattoo artists sits down on a swively chair on the other side of him, putting on his latex gloves.

"I don't know, are you sure about this? I mean, these things are pretty permanent, you know?" Stiles says, still standing beside the wall of drawings.

"I'm not changing my mind." Scott says back.

"I'm just surprised mom's letting you get a tattoo. And uh..." I trail off while looking back at the drawing Scott drew. "Why two bands?" I ask.

"I just like it." Scott answers.

"But don't you think your first tattoo should have some sort of meaning, you know, or something?" Stiles asks.

"Getting a tattoo means something." Scott answers.

"I don't think that's--" The tattoo artist cuts Stiles off.

"He's right, tattooing goes back thousands of years. The Tahitian word 'Tatua' means 'To leave a mark.' Like a right of passage." The guy explains while getting the utensils ready.