40 (season 3b)

Chapter 40 - "Anchors"

Season 3b

✧"Welcome to Bardo

"Welcome to Bardo."

The moonlight sneaks through Stiles' blinds; resting against his sleeping, distressed, frame. Beads of sweat fall down his face and he furrows his brows as if seeing something. Stiles grabs a fistful of his dark blue bed sheet with a whimper. In his sleeping state, Stiles begins to mumble 'no' repeatedly as if frightened.

"Don't let them in." He whimpers in his sleep. His eyes flash open but he seems to be in his dream. Stiles throws his hands forward only for them to come in rough contact with a locker door. He peers through the slits from inside the locker only to not be able to see anything out of place. He bangs on the flimsy locker door continuously to try and break out; the door rattles in place before finally bursting open causing Stiles to stumble out into the boys locker room.

He turns to see himself in the locker room mirror, flinching at the sudden physical appearance before walking cautiously out of the room. His bare feet patter into the dark and empty school hall. As Stiles walks through the halls he notices a classroom door open a few feet ahead, so with his curiosity piqued, he enters the oddly cold room. As soon as he enters he is struck by the sudden appearance of the Nemeton that is placed right in the middle of the classroom among the complete mess. Stiles walks towards it and hesitantly hovers his hand over the stump just as a branch reaches up and wraps itself around his wrist.

Stiles' eyes flash open while he sits up with a gasp.

"Are you okay?" A groggy female voice asks before sitting up in the bed next to Stiles.

"Stiles?" She asks before rubbing her hand against his back in a calming manner.

"Yeah, I was just dreaming," Stiles answers Lydia; still lost in the memory of his nightmare."It was weird. It was like a dream within a dream." He explains to the strawberry blonde. Lydia keeps her hand on Stiles but shifts it to his shoulder.

"A nightmare?" She asks.

Stiles sighs. "Yeah." He answers before putting his hand over hers. He doesn't make any eye contact with her, he hasn't even looked at her yet. But not even a minute later the realization hits him and he looks over at Lydia with furrowed brows while he slowly removes his hand from hers. She smiles lightly at him, not seeing a problem with the current scene.