7

Chapter 7 - "Magic Bullet"

✧"Be my help, be a savior who can unbreak the broken

"Be my help, be a savior who can unbreak the broken."

I sit up in my bed just to have my blanket fall to my lap. Stiles is gone. I swing my legs over the side before pushing the blanket, that wasn't on me when I fell asleep, aside. I quickly fold the soft blanket while listening for any sign of someone else being home. I don't hear anything but my breathing. I stand up and drape the blanket over the end of the bed before walking over to my dresser. As I get dressed I think back to my stalker that I had on the first day of school. I haven't seen them our felt weird, like being watched, in a while, which is a good thing, right? It's just odd for someone to have stalked me because nothing about me is interesting. I slip on my Converse before walking down to the kitchen. A note is on the counter and I can see my name is written in black sharpie. I walk over towards it and read the note.

"Katherine, I'm really sorry about what happened yesterday. I've never yelled at you like that and the fact that we're not talking is bothering me. I ran to get you a chocolate doughnut...it's beside the fridge. I hope you can forgive me. - Love, Scott."

I scoff while crumpling up the paper. I walk over to the fridge and pull out the cabinet beside it, where our garbage is, to throw away the note. I can't stay mad at him forever, he's my brother. I grab the doughnut and take a bite out of it before smiling. I look over at the clock and my heart almost drops.

"Crap." I say before shoving the doughnut into my mouth and running upstairs to get my backpack. I'm gonna be late for school.

School went by in a blur. One minute I was in one class and the next minute I was in another. All I can think about is Scott and Stiles. I haven't seen them at all today and we didn't even have lunch together. There's a part of me that's still hiding from Scott. We haven't made any interactions since our "fight" and a part of me wants to keep it like that. My phone vibrates in my pocket and the feeling sends goosebumps up my arms while I pull it out to look at it. It's Deaton, he wants me to clean up the clinic.

"Okay." I mumble before heading out to the parking lot. There is a line of cars that stretch out towards the other end of the lot. The car that's holding up the line is Stiles'. Scott's pushing Derek into the passenger seat of the jeep. What is Derek doing here? My thoughts from last night resurface, but now I know where he is. Everyone's honking their horns and yelling out their windows towards the three. Scott and Stiles exchange words and I can tell that Stiles looks annoyed. Stiles rolls his eyes before speeding out of the parking lot, finally letting the other students leave. They're up to something and I wish I could investigate it further, but Deaton would be mad if I didn't clean up the clinic. I run over to the bike rack while my backpack bounces on my back. I swing my leg over the bike to sit on the seat while I watch Scott speed out of the lot on his bike.