Note

Warning: Sad chapter. I thought this was sad but what do I know

************************************************************************

Morning

It was 5:00am and I knew if I was to leave I'd have to go quickly. I tried moving out of Zach's death grip but with no luck. I tried a different tactic, heating my pillow to body temperature and using my vampire speed, I swiftly swapped my body with the pillow. I decided to leave the pillow body temperature for an hour. I quickly wrote a note and tears welled up in my eyes as I realized I was actually going to go. I looked down at my angelic mate looking so warm and handsome. I realized I was only wearing a shirt and quietly but quickly made my way to Zach's wardrobe.

Looking at all his clothes reminded me of my Mum and Dads wardrobe and tears threatened to spill. I will not cry.. I am strong..

I saw a plastic bag with clothes labeled "too small" and a backpack next to it. I smiled its as if God wanted me to leave. I grabbed the backpack quietly opening it and emptied the contents out: A drink bottle, bag of chips *stomach growl* and a hand gun. I have no idea why a hand gun would be in a backpack but I didn't care I might need it.

Next I opened the "too small" bag. It contained: a pair of black vans, long black skinny jeans, a few pairs of pants, some jumpers and shirts. It was cool outside so I slipped on the jeans and vans and went to the bathroom for my bra. Finding it where I left it, I slipped it on and a black hoodie too. I hated black on black but it was still dark and I didn't want anyone to see me.

I was about to open the door when Zach stirred. Using vampire speed I quickly pecked his lips and closed the door quietly behind me.

One problem: I had no idea when the 'exit' was. I sniffed trying to smell the woods. I followed the scent of dew and grass to the double doors. I hid my scent and made my way to my training area.

Zach's POV (the same morning)

I felt lips press against mine but it was too quick and too early to kiss back. Gabby didn't feel the same, she was still warm but felt too soft. I opened my eyes to look at my mate when I realized it was just a pillow. I looked at my phone realizing it was 5:40 and I felt a kiss about half an hour ago. I sniffed the air wondering if someone kidnapped her. Gabby's scent filled my nose and I smiled I loved it.

Looking around the room for Gabby I noticed a note on the bed side table. My heart dropped as I read it:

To My Mate, Zach

I'm sorry for leaving but I need to protect you and if you're with me you'd be in more danger. I couldn't live with myself if someone killed you to get to me, I've already lost enough. Im not going back to Emilia's so don't bother her this early. (She won't get up till like 8 for school). I will be watching and protecting you from a distance, I don't expect you to understand. There's lots you don't know about me and you don't have to worry. Carry on with life..

With lots of love,
Michelle Reeds.

I felt a burning in my chest, an aching that threatened to swallow me hole. I dropped to my knees, clutching the note and screamed. It felt like I was going die, I only met her Monday and it was Thursday and I was already mourning her. She hadn't died but I had without her I didn't want to live. Tears streamed down my face but I barely noticed, clutching my chest and holding the note close I screamed again. Never had I felt such pain even when I was stabbed with a wolf bane tipped knife.

My wolf made me howl in pain and I felt someone come into the room. I smelt the familiar smell of my mother. She held me and I let her age was trying to talk to me but the pain filled my ears. I looked up and with tear filled eyes saw my father standing there confused. I let go of the note and let him grab it. He read it and read it again. His expression was sorrowful as he handed it to Mum.

Mum read it and cried into my shoulder. Eventually Dad came over and sat with us, we stayed there for what could have been seconds, minutes, hours, days, months or years.

************************************************************************

I hate vulnerability it's just sad. Thanks for reading Vote Comment Follow!