30. what we'd regret

Start from the beginning

"That could just be your powers, Mari. Trust me, I'm one hundred percent vampire now," She pulled back her shirt and showed the slashes that Lucinda inflicted. They were almost healed, surprisingly. What remained was pink light marks, as if it never happened in the first place.

Dr. Brixton walked into the curtained room.

"Sorry for the wait, a couple of curtains down are some injured guards." He had a bandage over his forehead, and his fingers brushed against it as he walked in, "crazy day today."

"What happened to you?" I asked.

Dr. Brixton shook his head. "They stole paperwork, a group of assassins. I was lucky that I was in my office at the time." He cleared his throat. He paused for a moment as if the doctor was in a faraway place.

"I'm surprised Eryn didn't come with you here," Ally remarked, a smirk on her face, "with Lucinda showing up and all."

I gave her a look, motioning towards Dr. Brixton.

She rolled her eyes, "Brix, you don't mind about me talking about her love life in front of you?"

"I'm a doctor, I know how to tune my patients out." Brixton chuckled. He checked Ally's cut and nodded, "You're all good, how's the blood?"

"It's good, but I was hoping for O Pos?"

Brixton nodded, "I'll bring that right now."

He left the room.

"So how are you and Eryn?"

I blushed.

"Eryn is dealing with her own stuff right now. It's kind of hard to get anything from her."

I decided not to worry Ally about the argument Eryn and I were going to have. Eryn definitely knew more than she was saying and as much as I wanted to tell Ally, I couldn't.

An expression of awe came across her face whenever we talked about Eryn, and I realized that it had to be because of the sire bond.

"That woman is always dealing with her own shit, it's Eryn. She's like the definition of brooding in her own shit."

I raised a brow, realizing that within the year that passed Eryn and Ally must've gotten closer, much more closely than Eryn and I were to begin with.

"Girl, don't do that face. I know what face that is." Ally rolled her eyes.

"I'm not doing a face," I shot back, giving her an innocent glance.

"That's an 'I feel left out face'," She laughed, shaking her head. There was a light-hearted air surrounding us as if for a moment it was like I could finally breathe. It was soothing that she was here.

It made me feel less alone.

"No, it's not," I tried to rebuttal, but she already had me.

"Eryn is in love with you. She was so upset that you weren't here that she insisted no one said your name," Ally giggled, "it's crazy. She's hella old and she acted like a lovesick guppy while you were in Aqueria."

I leaned forward, my eyes lighting up.

"What did you just say?"

Ally shrugged.

"You heard me the first time."

"She's never told me that."

"I think it's pretty obvious."

"It isn't for me! How could she love me when she's hiding things from me?" I snapped, unable to hold back my frustrations any longer.

"Well, Eryn was pissed in the beginning—as in tearing shit apart, leaving the country pissed. She went to Germany. Out of all the places she could go, she went there."