18. I'm sorry that it's me

SR: Maroon 5 - She Will Be Loved // Timmies - Drift My Way

Eighteen.

Marina.

"You're so scared of yourself that you're pushing me away!" Marina shouted at me, standing in front of me.

I turned my back to her, grabbing clothes and passing them to her.

"It's all I know how to do!" I snapped, grabbing clothes of my own and shoving my legs into grey drawstring sweats. I slipped on a sports bra and grabbed a sweater, zipping it to the top and throwing my hood up. I needed to let out some steam.

"It's unfair to tell me to go back when my friend has to stay behind. Ally would need someone she trusts to be here for her. You understand more than I what she's going through is horrible," Marina reasoned, slipping on a long olive knit sweater. She tugged her hair out from it, the damp locks falling past her shoulders. I couldn't look at her body as she talked to me.

"It's too dangerous for you to be here. Lucinda most likely will still be looking for you all. You'd be safe in the water," I desperately said, upset about why she wasn't listening to me. How could she still want to stay after everything she's been through? After everything I showed her?

"She barely knows what I look like in human form. Flynn and Sydney would go back. It would be only right," Marina countered, raising her head in defiance.

I sighed, breaking my resolve. Marina wouldn't take no for an answer, and I grew tired of fighting against her.

"If I feel it's hard for Ally to have you here you have to promise you'll go back. I'm not only doing this because of me. I'm doing it for your friend."

"Eryn... thank you. I don't know what's it's like to turn someone, but I'm sure it's no easy feat," her eyes softened as she stared at me.

I narrowed my eyes in anger. "Don't you give me that look."

"What do you mean?"

"Just stop," I groaned, sick of hearing how grateful she was to me. I gave her nothing but anguish. If it wasn't for me her friend wouldn't be a vampire right now. Her friends wouldn't have been captured. If I just left her alone the first time I saw her...

"Blaming yourself for everything that has happened to me isn't going to get you anywhere," Marina murmured, placing a hand on my cheek. She turned my head and forced me to look at her, "I want to be here, with you."

My breath stalled in my chest as I met her blue-eyed gaze. There was something honest in her big eyes that tempted the dark part of me. I couldn't help but think of the sounds she made as I tasted her, had my fingers inside her. She woke something primal in me that I haven't felt in years. Being with different women each night was fun and all, but it got repetitive. Nothing fulfilled me as much as it did when I was around Marina. She pumped true desire into my veins. pure need.

"Stop saying such things," I grated, yanking my chin from her grip. She made it too easy to get comfortable with her when she said these things. Up until now, I never have seen her in her merform. If I let myself go even a bit, she would've been torn to shreds.

"Why? This is how I feel, why should I hide it from you?"

"Didn't vampires kill your sister? How could you even be this close to someone who could've easily killed her?" I snapped, slipping on my shoes.

Her eyes widened. "Because I know you didn't kill her." Marina looked up at me angrily, "don't bring up my sister like that! Not when we're talking about us."