- Thirteen: Oh look, another prophecy -

Magsimula sa umpisa

"What was that about?" Iros asked as she pushed down her hood. The other two shrugged and pushed their hood down too.

"Maybe he's just nervous," Eve said. Her black curls tumbled down to her back as she shifted them.

"What's so nervous about going to another planet? He's done it a thousand times," Edith said and ran a hand through his blonde hair. Eve shrugged. They left the topic alone and continued on their day.

Once Free was outside of the training room, he sprinted down the hallway. The edges of his mask was wet as he ran.

He reached a door and pushed it opened. He collapsed in front of an altar. He ripped the mask off and pressed his hands against his eyes. Tears fell as he leaned against it.

Free thought he was finally free from them. Free from their torturous voices and memories. Now, it seemed like he had only built a thicker wall around his mind and forced himself to believe he was fine.

He grabbed his cloak and screamed into it. He let out his anger, frustration and grief. He stopped and banged his head against the altar. "What am I going to do, Wayword?" He asked softly, his voice breaking.

The shrine glistened under the sunlight as he didn't receive an answer. A lot of things on Earth could cause a panic attack and he wasn't going into a panic state on a mission. His mind went back to the letter his mother sent him.

The Creator, his army and the assassin. Maybe it wasn't him. He wasn't an assassin anymore, right?

Who was he kidding? He was an assassin every day. His habits were something he couldn't get rid off. The sneaking around in the shadows and the thrill of eliminating his target were in his bones.

He let out a breath and closed his eyes tiredly. He sat there for who knows how long before standing up and dusting his pants. "I'll see you again, Wayword," he said leaving the garden.

—————

When the day came, the Elite team were already in the meeting room. Free had pulled his hood up not wanting them to see his exhausted face. He had another nightmare right before they left. How lucky.

"Ready?" Edith asked and everyone nodded their head. They apparated with a pop sound leaving Zion.

On Earth, Olympus was getting ready to meet Chaos and his army. Everyone was excited and curious. They've heard of them before. They helped people around the universe and were famous all over.

Hestia was only excited to see her son again. She could hardly control her excitement as the flames danced on the hearth excitedly.

Just then, several pops were heard as they appeared in front of them. They were all wearing hoods and looked intimidating. Zeus got up and greeted them. "You must be Lord Chaos' army," he said.

The person in the middle nodded his head. "Yes. His sire will be here shortly." Sure enough, the Creator appeared beside the commander and everyone bowed to him.

The primordial grimaced causing his army to snicker quietly. "Please stand," he said. Hestia's eyes fleeted across them as she figured out which one was her son.

Poseidon felt something strange. He felt a familiar presence. One that hasn't been found on Earth for over two centuries. He glanced at the Elite team but couldn't figure out who it was.

Zeus glanced at Apollo and he flashed away and appeared with the Oracle. The red-haired girl glared at him. "Will you stop doing that?" She shouted at him. He gulped and nodded his head. She huffed and stormed towards the goddess of the hearth.

Free smirked. He had sure missed the Oracle. Rachel noticed the army and sighed. "Already?" She asked. Hestia nodded her head as she stroked her red hair.

Rachel exhaled through her nose and closed her eyes. When she reopened them, they were glowing as it had fifty years ago. She walked from the hearth towards the commanders and tilted her head.

You have returned. The six commanders tensed. Free had forgotten how scary her voice was. The Oracle smirked and walked past them giving each of them a glance.

Free froze when she stood in front of her. She stared at him before turning back to the others. He let out a breath he didn't know he was holding and watched as she walked to the front.

Her voice brought shivers down their spines: I am the Spirit of Delphi, speaker of the prophecies of Pheobus Apollo, slayer of the mighty python. Approach, seeker and ask.

Hearing her voice out loud was worst than hearing her in their heads. It stared right at Free as she spoke. Edith didn't seem to notice as he asked, "What is this new war?"

Green smoke poured from her mouth and the scenery around them changed. Sitting around a long oval table were Nico, Grover, Thalia and Reyna. The son of Hades faced them and his eyes were green like the Oracle's.

When he spoke, it wasn't Nico's voice: The Creator, his army and the son of the hearth returns bringing forth the betrayed hero.

The daughter of Zeus looked right up and said in the same voice: You will seek help from the unexpected and the world shall fall into an endless sleep once more.

Grover was the next to look at them: You will lose a friend you call an enemy.

Reyna blinked as she spoke: The universe's fates rests in the assassin's hands with the help of his lover.

All four of them stared at Free as they spoke the last sentence together: To save the future, you must understand the past.

Everyone blinked together and the smoke receded. Rachel's eyes rolled to the back and she collapsed. Edith caught her and handed her to Apollo. He placed a hand on her forehead and she immediately woke.

Edith helped her stand and she shook her head to clear it. "What did she say?" She asked. Apollo recited the prophecy again to her. Rachel stared at him confusedly.

"The son of the hearth?" She asked and everyone faced Hestia. The goddess raised an eyebrow in reply.

"H-How? That's not possible. You're a virgin goddess," Annabeth said as she stared at the goddess.

She snarled at her and the flames flared. Free moved his hand to the back and lowered it. The flames became smaller and Hestia calmed down. "Do you have a problem with that?" She asked fiercely.

Annabeth gulped and shook her head. Hestia glared at her one last time before facing the others. Zeus looked like he might burst a vein. Hestia stared him down. "Hurt a single hair on my boy and I will fry you alive," she threatened. She stood up and left in a column of flames.

The flames spread and the gods backed away. Free raised his hand and the fire stopped. He lowered it back down making them disappear slowly. The strangest thing was when Hestia let the flames run wild, it was orange and red. But when he stopped it, it turned blue and white before slowly dying down. The Elite team send looks to him before facing the others.

The gods still frightened by the eldest goddess' outburst didn't question it. The assassin exhaled slowly knowing that the flame hadn't caused any damage.

Hestia who had left dramatically was behind the throne doors. She had seen one of them control the flame. She smiled and left knowing which one was her son.