Chapter 11: 25th June 2011

Start from the beginning

He had his hands shoved in to his trouser pockets, seeming cool and collected though from the way he teetered back and forth on his feet, there was a small element of his own nerves kicking in. He was talking to Jesse, the both of them were looking to the huge tents and marquees Alice had acquired for the ceremony and reception.

They were just as clueless as I was, there was huge billowing, white sheets covering the roof of the two marquees and from what Jake and Jesse were discussing the sides were covered too so that no one could see in. Every now and then though, a sheet would shift and I would catch a glimpse of white flowered garlands with smaller orange and teal flowers strung across the canopies or the aisle, also covered in white flower petals.

I took one more look at Jake before turning to look at the doorway of my room just as Alice burst in. "Right, remain calm. Your mother and Scott have just pulled up." She stated, her eyes searching my face for any hint of rage. "They want to come up here first to see you. Do not lose your shit." She pointed at me in warning. "At least wait till after the ceremony."

Jake's POV

"Have you looked in there yet?" Jesse asked me, leaning a little closer to the marquee to try and peak in. Straight from the back porch steps was a smaller marquee, about average corridor size which attached to the much larger tent Jesse and I were staring at, that one then proceeded to attach to an even bigger marquee that took up most of the land that stretched from the house towards the tree line. Alice had thought of everything to ensure the sunlight wouldn't touch our vampire guests.

"Not allowed to, man. It's a surprise." I said without looking at him, my eyes were trained on one of Aria's bedroom windows. I could have sworn the curtain had moved.

"Wonder if Alice can plan weddings on a smaller scale?" His words snapped me out of my staring and I looked at him with wide eyes. He laughed at my expression. "Nice to know you have confidence in me."

"No, it's not that." I laughed, finally taking my hands out of my pockets to slap him on the back. "I'm happy for you! I just didn't realise that you guys were there yet." I admitted, slightly awkwardly. I hadn't been paying much attention to anything other than Aria recently.

"Well last night, seeing you guys and all. It made me think about it, I haven't got a ring or anything yet but I want to propose." He explained with the cheesiest grin I think I had ever seen on his face.

"Well, congratulations anyway." I cheered, patting his shoulder.

"Don't worry I'm not stealing your thunder, but thanks." He grinned and I rolled my eyes.

"Like I would think that anyway."

"Come on, shut up now Ateara. We let you guys win." Paul grumbled as he exited the house, my little niece in his arms dressed in her flower girl dress. She was looking around excitedly, her big brown eyes taking everything in.

Quil followed along behind Paul, scowling as usual after someone had backhanded his own comment. "Liar." He snapped as the rest of the packs filed out of the house and into the yard. The imprints remained inside with the children and other guests that had already arrived, most of them were inside fussing over Aria. God, I couldn't wait to see her.

"Why would I lie?" Paul complained, looking just about ready to tackle Quil to the ground.

"Because you're a sore loser." Quil pointed out which was actually very true.