chapter 8 ( fake love )

By the time I got home, it was already 6. Mom is not home yet, and she'll be flying to the US tommorow. I did my usual routine. Shower, change into fresh clothes and sat at my study table. I couldn't concentrate. I kept thinking about Seokjin. He's actually such a nice person... My phone rang. It's a message from Jungkook.

Jungkook: hello!
Me: hi!
Jungkook : are you feeling better?
Me: so much better!
Jungkook : that's good to hear! If Seokjin comes to you again, please tell me! I'll beat him up :p

I stopped. I got to tell him. So I press the call button. " hello! " Jungkook said, smiling at the screen. " Jungkook. Wanna hear something? " I said, feeling excited. These 2 can finally come together again. " sure. " he said, and I told him everything that happened today.

" really? Are you serious? H-he apologised? " Jungkook asked. " mhm! And he miss you alot too! Maybe both of you can meet up tommorow and talk? " I said, anticipating to see his reaction. " o-of course! I wanna talk to him! It's been years! " He said, voice full of excitement. I was happy to see the boys finding hope in their friendship again.

-next day-

I woke up pretty early today, so I decided to make oats for breakfast and walk to school. The sky was dark, and outside was cold and windy. I shivered, and took a jacket with me before I left the house for school.

My skirt feels loose. I think it's time to buy a new skirt.

" WOOOOOSHHHH!!! " the strong wind blew across my face, messing up my hair. " ugh " I swiped my hair around. The floor was wet from the heavy rain last night. Another wind flew past me. This time, my skirt flew up.

" DAMN IT! " I groaned, pulling down my skirt. I continued walking and looked around me to see if anybody saw that embarrassing moment of mine earlier. I took the next step and

PIAK! I stepped into a puddle and my feet slipped. That's when I know I almost died.

I fell on my back and my hair got drenched in the wet puddle. Today is not my day.

I screamed in pain and stood up slowly, feeling another wind coming. I shivered even more this time and my teeth were chattering. I cursed at the rain and continued walking despite being soaked in rain water.

" It's only the start of the day and I'm already in this DISGUSTING MESS!" I screamed, stomping my feet angrily. " FUCK THIS STUPID RAIN AND THIS WIND AND THIS WEATHER. UGGGGGHHHH–.....oh. "

I felt a sense of warmth around me. What is this? I touched the piece of cloth wrapped behind me.. A jacket? I turned around and was shocked to see Seokjin behind me.

" Seokjin... It's you! " I said, and he smiled.

" You're such a clumsy girl. " he said while he adjusted the jacket around me. I looked at him, sacrificing his own jacket for me. Heat crept up onto my cheeks. My face turned from cold, because of the cold weather, to hot.

" Thank you, Seokjin." I said and looked up at him.

My heart was beating really fast, in a way that it might explode into confetti any moment. The way he stared at me... I think I'm gonna fall for him-

Oh no. Wait, I must be crazy! I need to chill... I need to chill!!!!

" Let's walk to school, shall we? " he asked, voice so gentle and delicate. I nodded, averting my eyes from him. I couldn't look at him. I just can't... I can't fall for him no way.. He's just my friend and he's taken.

" KEEP OUT!" someone shouted. I turned around and a bicycle at full speed was riding towards me. Shit.

" AHHH-"