twenty5- Fine Line

Valeria

Chatters fill the cafeteria as I stare at my untasteful lunch.

"Stop staring," I instantly snap at Bradley as I witness his eyes wanders back to Jace for the 5th time.

"I can't help it," he lowly groans before tearing his eyes away from Jace and his group of friends then proceeds to take a monstrous bite of his burger. "He looks so innocent! And yet so evil. . . Man, everyone is fake as fuck."

I shrug in response not knowing what to say. "You know you're going to have to face him sooner or later right?" he muffles, pieces of food fall out of his mouth making me grimace.

"Eat with your mouth closed pig," I remark which made him pout. "And no I don't. It's best to say that there's nothing left to be said."

"So you plan to avoid him forever?" he interrogates.

"B, there's nothing else for us to talk about," I repeat not wanting to continue the conversation. "It's not like we were officially dating or anything." I lurk my glance quickly towards Jace's direction without any deliberation. I immediately regret it as my eyes locked with his. Jace's lips parted as he stares at me with a sadden look. I snap my head quickly away.

"Fuck," I curse. "We made eye contact."

"Stop staring," Bradley mocks. "Highly doubt he'll come over and leave his friends so don't worry."

"Never said I was worried."

Bradley rolls his eyes, taking the napkin and wipe his mouth. "But you know, you guys were like hanging out and shit. He met your mom on the first date for fuck's sake."

"It wasn't a date!" I defend. "He took me out for sushi on our first date."

"You even don't like sushi," Bradley states the obvious.

"I know."

"Maybe you guys really aren't meant to be together," he chuckles. "On a more important note: has the bad boy called you yet?"

"No," I firmly answer with a straight face, not wanting to express emotions.

"Oh."

I waited for his call. I agonized over every hour as I sat in my room staring at my phone. His call never came not even a text.

I should've known. Once again, Harry Styles played me.

However, I couldn't help but to glance at my phone again, to see that there were no missed calls nor messages. "I don't care," I lie shoving my notebooks and phone inside my backpack.

"Maybe he'll call later," Bradley tries to reassure me. "Maybe the bad boy just needs time to recover from the exhausting ride you gave him."

"B!" I scowl swinging my hand to slap him on the arm. "Can you be any louder? This is why I don't tell you shit."

"You tell me because I'm your best friend," he fires back then rubs his arm. "And that hurt!"

"I'm going to class," I pronounce as soon as the bell rings, ignoring his deadly glare. "I advise you to go to class too."

"Alright mom," my best friend utters under his breath then throws his trash in the bin. "Meet me at the parking lot after 5th." I give him a quick nod before striding to my next, least favorite, class.

"Alright, settle down," Mrs. Li shushes the class as students start speed walking to their places. "Sadly, our class is coming to an end. I want to congratulate seniors for making it this far. You've all got a bright future ahead of you and I know that you guys are an amazing group of young adults."