thirteen- We Want Pancakes

It's good to be back.

Valerie

"I think you love it."

"Do not," I try to argue.

"Baby, you don't make sense," He chuckles. I feel Harry's hands under the water holding my thigh. "Your mouth says one thing but your body shows different, otherwise. Why is that princess?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," I cough tearing my body away from him once again. "Stop touching me, I mean it."

"Really now? Do you really want me to stop?"

No. "Yes."

"Babe, why are you lying?" Harry laughs, flipping his hair to the side.

"Damn you," I respond. Just as I was about to open my mouth to insult him, he lingers his fingers against my face to move a strand of hair away from my face and I melt. "Stop."

"You look pretty, Val," he said with a gentle tone. That's the first. "I mean it."

How does he do it? How can he go from making me have the urge to punch his face to making my legs weak? Every inch of my body is fighting back the urge to just take his face and kiss him. So badly... Just to touch his wet curly hair, cheeks, maybe I will...

Before I can think twice, I take his face into my hands and bring his lips to mine. That familiar taste of his lips and sense. I take in every bit of energy we are exchanging and I want more. I feel his lips move against mine, chills run through my body and I wrap myself tighter against him.

"Harry?" A voice broke the connection between Harry and me away. "What the fuck is going on?"

I look at a tall blonde girl standing before me. She was dressed in a blue and pink robe and she had her hair up in a bum. For the lack of words, she looks so pretty without even trying.

"Get the fuck out of my pool, Harry!" She huffs. "I need you to stop sneaking in my house."

Oh boy.

"Alright, alright, we are just having fun here," he chuckles. I take it back, I hate him again. I got out of the pool and I cursed remembering I don't have a fucking towel and I'm almost naked in front of a stranger. "Harry, take me home now."

"Yes, please! Get out of my house!"

--- --- --- --- --- ---

"Alright! So are we going to talk about what the fuck just happened there?" I break the silence. After we both got our clothes and went to his car, Harry never explained himself, like who that girl was. "Who was that girl?"

He laughs and said, "she's none of your concern, Val"

"You-- are you joking? We swam in her pool without her consent and we got caught!"

"She's someone I know, chill. It's not like she's going to call the cops on us," he kept his eyes on the road. "Besides, she owes me anyway."

My blood boils and I decided to stop talking. By the time we get back to my house, it was already 9:30 AM. Before Harry can say anything, I got out of his car and without a goodbye, I went inside my house.

Harry

I sat there. She left without saying one word, not even bye. She's so annoying but so hot. I can't stop thinking about that kiss. She kissed me. It's usually the other way around but oh god, it made me want to do dirty things to her. Bad things.

Valerie

"What else?" I laugh.

"He tripped over the football itself and fell!" Jace explains over the phone. "Anyways, what's your plans today?"

"Umm, you got something in mind for us?"

"Well, I know its a Sunday but there's a party tonight... And Monday is senior day ditch so..." he hesitates. "There's another party at Frank's."

"Another? Damn, do his parents not care?" I ask.

"They do but they're out of town until summer-" Jace was interrupted by the sound of his parents calling him. "I gotta go but I'll text you the details, I really hope you can join me tonight!"

"I'll see, bye Jace," I say goodbye and end the call. I felt guilty for hiding my kiss between Harry and I but if I do tell Jace, I'm afraid he'll think of me in a different way and that's why that can never happen again. I realized how much I like Jace and I'm not willing to mess what we have together because of some weird fantasy I have for my step-brother.

"Mom?" I call out to my mom as I walk to the living room.

"Yes?" I found her in the kitchen, cooking. "I'm cooking lunch for Mason and I, would you like to join?"

"Uhh... I'm good, I was wondering if I can sleep over at a friend's house tonight?" I nervously lied.

"Tomorrows a school day, Valerie." Not going well. "Who is the friend?"

"Zoey?" The first name that pops into my mind. I can't say, Brandley, she can check up on me unexpectedly. "She's my partner in my class and if I sleep over tonight, we can work on our project together and have a bonding you know?"

"No, I do not know but alright. But please make sure you are prepared to go to school tomorrow." Success!

"Would you like me to take you to her house?" She asks turning her attention to me.

"No, its fine, Jace is taking me," I replied seating down on the couch. "Probably around 8."

"Why is Jace taking you?"

"Because he is a good guy!" I laugh. "Anyways, I'm going to Bradley's for a bit." I kiss her on the cheeks and went up to my room.

Me: Hello?

Me: hey bestie, you home?

bff: Yes come over bitch

"Hey, hey" I cheer seeing my best friend laying on his bed. "What you up to?"

"I fucking ate shit today at practice," he whines.

"oh my gosh, Jace told me. Its okay best friend, you are number 1 in my heart."

"I'm honored but that ain't enough," he gets up and opened his laptop while I sat down on his bed. "So whats up with you?"

"Nothing, what's up with you?" I say back hoping he wouldn't ask about me again because if he does, I feel like he'll know I'm lying about something aka Harry.

"I'm asking about you, Val, Jace?"

"Oh. We're good. I'm going to a party with him tonight, wanna come?" I lay down. "At Frank's"

"Nah, pass. I don't like Frank. He's fucking wild," he looks at me. "But you be careful. Like don't fucking drink shit you don't know nor like eat anything."

"Okay dad, got it." I joked. "What will you be doing then?"

"Studying," he whines. "Grosssss. But Monday's senior ditch day so wanna go get pancakes then movies?"

"If I'm alive tomorrow then yes I'll swing by or I'll text you— you know what sounds good right now?" I jot up and Bradley looks at me with a smirk.

"Pancakes!" We both shouts.

"I'll drive, you pay!" Bradley jumps up and grabs his keys.

"Why am I paying?" I raise my voice.

"Because I'm diving, duhhhh." And with that he drags me out of the house. As we got in his car I noticed that my moms car was gone.

"Where the fuck are we going to get pancakes at 3 fucking PM?"