nineteen- Meow Pussies

Valeria

We sat there, for I don't know how long but it felt like an entirety. 15 minutes after Mason rushed out, my mother got her keys and left. Harry and I didn't talk. We sat there, on my bed, aghast by what we just heard.

"So. . . Is that why. . ."

"Yeah." a faint whisper escaping through his lips.

"Her as in. . ."

"My mother," Harry states. His voice holds no emotion.

"Can I know what happened?" I felt like the question was a bit overbearing for him.

"No. You don't need to know." His words felt harsh.

I nod. It was understandable though. Harry and I barely knew each other. "You're right."

"Well, I'm gonna get going now." Harry suddenly stands up. "I guess this is it. Since our parents are no longer seeing each other, there's no need for us to see each other either. It was fun knowing you."

Bewildered as I just stared at him. One second he was this vulnerable boy who I just revealed so much of myself - barely just an hour ago- into the same dickhead I remember hating so much. His words felt like it pierced right through my stomach, not my heart. Gutted is the word for it. What did I expect? Really, I knew what I was getting myself into but Harry's sweet talks made me feel as if he actually likes me. He didn't give an ounce of fucks about me.

Told you, that voice reminds me.

Harry then proceeds to fix his hair and head to the door. "Bye Valeria, I'll show myself out." With that, he disappears, possibly forever leaving me looking dumbfounded.

⚇ ⚇ ⚇ ⚇ ⚇ ⚇ ⚇ ⚇

"Hi Val," Jace greet me with a kiss on the cheek. "How was your weekend?"

Guilt. It rushes through my body.

I'm embarrassed. Jace is the nicest guy I've ever met and I, basically, cheated on him. We never agreed on a label but I was sure that I was the only girl Jace is seeing. However, it felt wrong for me to be with someone else. It really could've been easier if it was anyone besides Harry. Hell, it would be ten times easier if it was Bradley.

"Hey Jace," I smile back. "It was good, just studying. How was yours?"

He takes a seat next to me and set his lunch on the table. "It was boring. I spent half of it at school. Coach wanted me to spend more time practicing."

"Jeez, my weekend was great too, thanks for asking guys!" Bradley interrupts. He then nudges my arm and nods his head. He clearly wanted me to tell Jace.

"Sorry man." Jace chuckles. "Valeria is more important."

"That's enough, Ima dip because I'm third-wheeling," Bradley mocks. "I'll see you in class Val." He gets up, not before sending me another glare and mouth tell him. I mentally send a fuck you to Bradley but he didn't get it as he just disappeared into the hallways.

Although it happened 4 days ago, it felt like it was just yesterday. Of course, with my mom keening over Mason, it did not help. I wake up with her still in bed which I practically pull her out just to make her get ready for work. We've been living off instant noodles, which I really don't mind. I completely understand that it's difficult for her, but sometimes I wish she can be more guarded with her feelings.