fourteen- Loner's Hideout

Valeria

It turned out that getting pancakes at 3 PM was a poor choice so Bradley and I got burritos instead. That was a good choice. Jace picked me up right after and I've been with him throughout the whole night. Another one of Frank's parties.

⚇ ⚇ ⚇ ⚇ ⚇ ⚇ ⚇ ⚇

It was my 6th shot.

How did I even manage to chug down 6 shots? 

I told myself not to drink but after the countless cheers from Frank and Zoe, I caved in.

"Are you okay?" Jace asked as he wraps his arm around my shoulder. "Sober up. I don't want your parents to ground you when I drop you off."

"I actually told my parents that I'm sleeping over at a friend's house tonight," I slurred my words. "But sobering up is a good idea."

The next 2 hours were filled with Jace constantly shoving water in my face, music blasting so loud I felt like vomiting, and Frank's screaming. I honestly don't know if it was the water that sobered me up or the fact that Jace had his hands on my thighs which made me have funny feelings in my you know where.

I was fully aware of what was happening. I lay my head on Jace's chest as we are sitting on a sofa outside. "Thanks for taking care of me," I say with a sigh. "I'm not usually like this, but I guess I kind of grew more fond of your friends and I wanted to have some wild fun."

"It's no problem, I'm glad to be the person taking care of you." Even his chuckles seem so gentle. "Want to go somewhere?"

"Where?" I asked tilting my head towards his. "At this time?"

Jace looks at his watch. "It's only 1 Am. It's a perfect time. Let's go." He gently pulls his body away from mine and took my hands in his. I didn't ask. I was tired but I felt like asking would ruin our moment.

The car ride was silent. Jace had his hands on mine the whole time and I like it. I love Jace's comfort because it made me feel safe. That's how a girl should feel with a boy right? Safe. I really needed this after what happened with Harry.

Harry. God, he's a tough one. Why is he the way he is? Why is he so daring? Why is he on my mind? I want to believe that I'm not intrigued by his actions and the way he is as a person. But I'm a human being. I'm curious, I want to know more and more about him. I want to know what's going on in that odd mind of his. I want to know what he thinks of me. But I don't want him to kiss me or touch me because if he did, I'll kiss him back.

That was a confession. To myself. Valeria is curious about Harry Styles. But I don't plan to ever show that.

"We're here." Jace's voice breaks my thoughts.

We were parked in a playground. Really? He really drove me here?

"Before you say anything, just follow me and trust me okay?" Jace rushes his words. We got out of his car and I follow him towards to playground.

It was dark yet I can see the swing set next to the playground. It looks new with an array of colors. I try not to trip over the sand. With a frown, we landed on top of the playground where I sit down next to Jace.

"This is my hideout spot. I lay down here and watch the stars, especially late late at night. I actually go here a lot. It makes me feel like a loner because I'm always here by myself," Jace explains dangling his feet. "Can I make a confession to you?"

"Yeah."

"You're the first person to know about my hideout." Jace smiles and leans in. "I really like you."