twenty1- Wave Sensations

Harry

"Harry, I have to go back to work soon," Rose whines as she unbuckled her seatbelt. "My lunch break isn't 2 hours long. I only have an hour today."

"You're fine. I'll have you back before then, I promise." I turn off the engine. "Now let's go."

We head into the diner. After getting seated, I immediately told the waiter what we wanted, the usual. She nods and went away like I hope she would so I can talk to Rose. Keep your cool Harry, I repeat mentally in my head.

"So what's going on?" Rose asks, the concern is fill in her voice.

Keep your cool. "Hong Kong?!" I almost shout, trying my best not to flip this damn table over.

"Harry. . ." Her eyes widened and parted her lips. She tries to say figure out what to say but I cut her off.

"Don't Harry me," I mock. "You're going to move? Are you crazy?"

"I'm thinking about it. . . This is a good thing. I can get a job there, like a real job that will actually go somewhere! And I'll be living with Adam," she explains with a shaky tone. "This is good for me, Harry."

"Rose, your life is here," I remind her.

"It's not going anywhere," she sighs with a frown. "I don't have anything here anymore. Adam is my future." I twitch at her words, holding back the insults I have for Adam. She hates it when I make fun of him. Really? What did she expect? He's a dick.

"You have me," I state hastily. "And Louis."

A small sympathetic smile forms on her face. "But Adam is my future," she repeats in a softer tone.

"And I'm not?"

"Of course you are, but I have nothing left in this town. Just because I'm moving away doesn't mean that you won't be in my life anymore."

"Yes. That's exactly what it means. We will stop talking. Rose, you're not thinking straight," I tell her. "You're speaking as if you've already made up your mind."

"I'm not going to lie and say that I don't want to go because I do," she mumbles. "I don't want to leave you."

"Then why are you?" I snap. "If you don't want to leave me then why are you even considering it?"

"Harry, you're not taking my feelings into consideration," Rose stammers. "This is my future we're talking about. I need to do what's best for myself now."

There hasn't been a time where Rose had put herself before others. It was difficult enough for her to take care of Louis, practically raised him. Their parents both worked a low-income job which resulted in the continuous working overtime to have food on the table. Rose had to attend a CC instead of her dream uni. She never complained because that's the type of person she is. And damn it, now I feel selfish.

"Adam is?"

She bites her lips. "Yes."

"But that doesn't mean that you're not important, Harry," she quickly adds. "I love you and Louis so much."

"I know and we love you too," I sigh. I can never say shit like this in front of anyone besides Rose. "I don't know what I would do without you. . .And Louis too. Yeah, he wouldn't know what to do either."

"You guys are going to be fine," she reassures.

"Alright, here is your food," the waiter interrupts. She set our plates on the table before asking if we needed anything else.

"No, you can leave now," I demand. We've been here so many times and every time we come, we get the same shit. Does she not recognize us?

"Harry." Rose glares at me. "We're good, thank you so much." The lady gives Rose a weak smile before walking away. "You're so rude."