Chapter 5: "Right and Wrong"

Funtime Freddy's P.O.V

The more I stared at the wall ahead from where I was sitting at the dining table, the more I became lost in my own thoughts to entertain me. I wished I knew where my life was heading; how maybe I could live in peace, knowing my life could be tampered with at any time. Even defeating Afton or Scott Cawthon wouldn't guarantee safety regardless. So now I was stuck with the question that had plagued my mind and circuits: Where does my life go now? Though I knew already the answer wouldn't be something I could condone to or accept, if there even was one. 

"Still reflecting on what to do."

I turned to the sight of Henry standing near the table, though even this wasn't enough to catch me by surprise, even if I was lost in my thoughts. "Mm-hmm," I responded looking towards him as leaned back further in my chair until I was at the point of being slouched. "Are you sure you don't want anything to eat or drink?" Let alone sleep," asked Henry. "I'm fine," I responded. Though it was clear that wasn't enough for him, as he walked over to me and sat down at the chair to my right. "I'm sure you'll join your friends when the time is right, or when the answer reveals itself in time," he said. "If only that was true," I responded still in the same position. "Who knows if the others will have the power and capability to defeat Afton and Scott Cawthon. We don't even know what Scott Cawthon is capable of, and they both know we aren't gone... They could have easily killed us." "Could have indeed. Still, most of you made it. Though I'll do all I can to end this man for the terror he has caused," responded Henry. "You know the decision you made has sparked concern and unprecedented feelings towards you. Especially for those who's lives were taken." "I know... Bon Bon if we're trying to not be discreet. I can't blame him. Though I haven't forgotten their place in my heart; they were always a part of me after all. Everyone is," I responded. "I can admit the thoughts of where my life is going have pushed back the thought of their demise, though not entirely. They didn't deserve to be brought into this without their consent, nor knowledge that Baby and Ennard were working under Afton. The whole Afton family can't stop leaving thorns on everything they touch or set their hands on." "And because of it, we've all been affected," responded Henry. "For the most part, yeah. I can see now why Springtrap wanted to end his life so harshly. Their family is a whole god damn curse: He was experimented on and used for Afton's entertainment, had a sister that was purposely erased from his memory, a mother that was killed by his own father's machines. Only it ends with Afton. What he is capable of could make him a warlord that has an intent on seeing the world suffer. Or whatever the hell his motivations are," I continued. "And now the others are gone, all for what? Power, satisfaction, knowledge? Whatever drives him to flood this world with pain was the reason why Lolbit, Shadow Freddy, Fredbear, all those lives Springtrap mentioned that were extinguished by Scott, all had to fall. It feels like more than a conflict. A war. One with both sides fighting for their own beliefs and values of what is right, and is what is wrong. And even I don't know the line cut between those two. Though it's evident Afton doesn't mind killing others, that's the way his mind operates after all." I turned to look at Henry now, just to show how much I valued the answer to the question that was on my mind. 

"Do you really plan on killing Afton, or letting him live to reflect for the sins he's committed?"

Henry did not break away the deep stare towards me for a moment, all before turning to look away now. "Many times I would go back and forth on killing him, which would be the preferable and best option for us and this society. It didn't help slowly learning the intentions and true character that Afton kept hidden from me and anyone else, and all that his family has endured. Even Michael had to go through hell, all because of this father. Even now Afton himself proceeds to allow us to envision him as Satan himself," answered Henry. "Yet Springtrap believes him and Michael are two separate entities," I responded. "In a way, they used to be. The will of Purple Guy grasped the only humanity with its bonds to take his place, allowing little to nothing to be reminded of Michael but faded memories. Though as of recently, he has allowed himself to be named the man he thought was long gone. In fact, he's even grown to be just like the old person he was now," mentioned Henry. "Still. His father almost reformed him into him, a pair that would be more of a troublesome if it was a reality. Just learning how his doing was the death of my daughter was more of a advocate for revenge than anything." 

"What was her name?"

He turned to give me the same gaze as earlier, as if a reminder to never forget her name.

"Charlotte."

"I'm sorry... Do you believe it was intentional to kill her?" I responded. "Very much. She was his first victim after all, and considering he knew I wouldn't abandon my job and work because of her death. It was an early message to show he wouldn't mind killing my daughter, or maybe as a sign of power. It didn't matter to him. It's not like I find years out years later who was responsible," he responded. "Though after all that he has done and committed, I know that killing him will only show I will go to the lengths he did. It wouldn't make me any different from him. I would just end up in prison for trying to kill a man that has enacted such heinous act against others, it wouldn't make a difference in court. Even if we're the only ones that can end Afton's lucid vision. I am still human, and people kill people. But letting myself go down a path and be classified as sub-human is a title that is rightfully not mine to hold pride over... And it wouldn't honor by daughter if I sought out revenge. Even I understood the idea and boundaries of right and wrong, though sometimes our judgement clouds the intent of the term." "I don't expect some of the others to agree with your idea of letting him live. Then again, killing him would just further support the idea of robots being savages and beings that consider for themselves only," I responded looking away now. "It will the case, though one that is sure to end with a tolerable conclusion. We're all given different ideas or right and wrong, though at times they may stray from what is acceptable and what is not," said Henry. "It's an idea Afton has mistakenly ignored against the rules for, as to enforce his way of perceiving the world he see's deemed to function. And to him, his actions are his purpose of fixing the world to be a better place."