Chapter 89: "Just a Robot"

Henry Emily's P.O.V

The fire illuminated across the pizzeria could be seen from my car as I was driving down the road, completely destroying everything William had built so they would never see the light of day again. Pretty soon someone would notice the fire and would call the fire department, especially since morning was about to break through. As I drove through the road I noticed several endoskeletons on the ground, remains of the battle that had taken place here. I had to slow down and maneuver around every single one of them as I turned to see the parking lot now. I could see more destruction with cars on fire and more endoskeletons on the ground, the path of destruction that had clearly been made. I decided to stop my car as I turned off the ignition and stepped out before I closed the door behind me. I walked around my car and towards the pizzeria through the parking lot, all while stepping over destroyed endoskeletons on the ground. I was starting to feel the blazing heat of the fire, even while I was across from the fire as I made my way through the parking lot. I turned to the sight of a car that seemed to have been burning for a while, which had finally died down now. No doubt it was something William had used against Freddy and his friends. It really did seem William's army was considerably large with how much units I had seen so far, though that paled into comparison to the rest of his army, at least from what Duality had informed me of. In fact that was the last I had heard from him an hour ago detailing the current situation and everything about William. His past, what he did to his parents, and what all these years he had spent were to achieve. There was a chance Duality had perished, but I knew better than anyone what his true fate was.

I finally reached near the entrance of the pizzeria, all while the heat of the fire was enough to feel like I standing next to an open oven. The entrance had already fallen apart of the damage and soon there would be nothing but a memory of the day William was defeated. Though I had no confirmation, I trusted Michael and Freddy had ended William's life. Not only that but there was no way anyone could've survived this blaze of hell itself. I guess I would soon learn their fate when the authorities would learn of everything. Duality had managed to print out a document as well before I had left the house that detailed everything that had happened up to this point involving William, his family, every event and tragedy, and everything about Freddy and his friends. Including how I was involved in these events. He had also given the locations around the world where he was hiding his units that would've been sent to control the world, stating he had hacked William's systems to shut them down and destroy every single of them so no one could every salvage William's army. Whether that was true or not would be discovered once each location was checked out. Regardless I had everything needed to share not only my story, but Freddy, Michael, their friends, and those who never got the chance to tell the world their story on what really happened. Finally the people would learn how the world was almost destroyed by one man, and how a group of beings rose up to stand against his crimes. They were beings, robots that were programmed to decide their own fate. Some weren't just made to simply follow orders, but to possess free will. However William still viewed them as products he owned simply because he gave them life and the ability of free thinking, he felt they owed him everything because he was their creator. Yet they rejected his influence and what he wanted them to become. They made their own choice to fight William, when it reality they could've turned a blind eye and lived their lives. They had each other, a place to call home, and a life they would do whatever they wanted with. When Michael had invaded their home due to his search for his father, they had every right to decline this offer and ignore anything that had previously happened so they could forget the past and focus on the present. Instead Freddy understood how ignoring such an event would mean to him, pushing away years of tragedy that meant they were running away from a problem that involved their history. So he chose to end everything William had done, all with the intent of receiving nothing in return but to see the world continue on. The world told them he was just a robot, a machine incapable of being anything more. Yet he showed that idea to be flawed. He, as well as his friends, were not just robots or beings, but fully living beings that were the future of this world. Though it was still up to the people decide if they were worthy of being called heroes, or beings that deserved no rights and the ability to exist as apart of our world now. Regardless of how the world would view them as, they were worthy heroes in my eyes, and some of them I would consider friends if we had more time to spend with each other. If things went differently. If anything they deserved a heaven more than anyone after today. I would never forget them. Though I only hoped William would receive the worst in hell, if only I could understand why he did everything he sought to change. Though there is a fine line of doing what it justified from a point view, and what is considered evil from the common eye. William had still partaken in the life of his wife being taken away, torturing and manipulating his son and daughter, money laundering, and many other countless crimes I go on forever listing to myself. The point being William had done so much I believe going to prison to life would be a disservice to what he had done, as he deserved the death penalty itself. Even then killing him ourselves was the best option to stop his influence from spreading, even if it was a possibility there would those who would take a liking to his ideals. It was just something we had to live with. After all ideas were everlasting compared to those who created them. But perhaps our idea of technology and humanity existing together would triumph over William's. Only time would tell. Regardless I was glad years of doubts, wanting to quit, all that time spent, finally meant something. Freddy and Michael had done and killed William, finally purging the world of the devil itself. The parents and family of who's children were taken away from them, as well workers who also were caught in the crosswire for being expandable or finding hints to William's actions, finally they had justice and could rest peacefully now. Though if the world viewed our actions as unjust for being judges against William in our own court of hall, then I had no right to dismay their viewpoint. They had the right to criticize our actions and methods; I had never meant to seek any thanks for our efforts. All I ever wanted was to free this world of one less monster, when we were already living in one that had too many monsters already we were considering one of us. 

I turned to the sound of sirens being heard from far away, which meant the fire department would soon arrive. It was time to give up my life and let a court decide my future. It wasn't like I had anything else planned for the rest of my life. If I would have to serve prison time for knowledge of events and including everything else I was apart of, even to stop William, then I was prepared to do. I wonder what Mary would think knowing everything I have done, or whether she would approve of how I went with things. Still even after losing her and Charlie, I did as she asked and kept moving forward. Not just for her sake, but for mine. If anything I hoped I made her proud by doing what she had asked me. Now it was time to see how things were would play it and what the world would do.

"Guess it's up to the people to make their choice in both humanity and technology ," I said looking at the rising sun now behind the blazing fire of the pizzeria.

"Let's see them guide our world and future. Where ever we may end up."