Chapter 24

Jonas' Point Of View

I've been noticing that Kate is not paying attention to our lesson, instead she keeps looking at Keith. Her eyes tell she's sad while looking at him. Why is she sad? She didn't even bother to recite which is very unusual. 

She didn't even eat her lunch and still keeps staring at Keith, she even cried that made me worried. I asked her if she's okay but she just smiled and avoided me. 

We're at the Laboratory for some experiment but she didn't even bother to help me with it. I am getting worried.

"Kate, are you okay? Is there something wrong? You've been spacing out and keeps looking at Keith." I asked her when we left the lab. 

The experiment went successful cause she helped me when she saw that I was struggling.

"I'm fine." she gave me a smile, a sad smile that made more worried. 

I held her wrist that made her stunned, shock was evident in her face when she turned to face me, her gaze went to my hand that's in her wrist. I saw how she gulped hard and avoided my gaze. 

"I'm fine."

I shook my head and smiled at her. "no, you're not." I pinched her nose.  "come, I'll treat you lunch again to make you feel better." 

napangiti ako nang marahan siyang tumango at sumabay saakin, I ordered our Lunch and sat. My brows furrowed when she shook her head and did not eat the food. 

I sighed. "eat, it'll make you feel better." I smiled at sinubuan siya kaya agad naman siyang nagulat.

natawa ako ng mahina at ngumiti sakanya, I gestured her to open her mouth kaya nahiya naman ito at sinubo ang pagkain. 

"I told you, I'm okay---"

I silenced her and shook my head. "I know that you're not okay so just eat and don't talk while your mouth is full." 

she pouted and nodded, sinubo niya ulit ang pagkain na inalok ko kaya napangiti ako. 

god, she's so adorable.

when we finished eating, agad kaming bumalik sa Room, she sat down bseide me that made me confused. 

I'm not complaining though but is she okay? si Keith dapat ang katabi niya, oh, scratch that. Are they okay? hindi naman sa chismoso ako pero I've been noticing them since yesterday, she's not talking to him, not even once. 

I should be happy but why the hell am I feeling worried? 

"Kate." 

agad akong naptingin kay Keith na seryosong nakatingin kay Kate, Kate looked at him, confused and start sobbing.

okay, what the hell is going on? I don't like where this is going. I clearly don't know what's damn happening to the both of them and I'm worried for Kate. 

shit, why am I feeling guilty? That they are not talking to each other because of me? I like her but it doesn't mean na manggugulo ako. God, this is frustrating. 

"why are you avoiding me? bakit hindi mo ako kinakausap?" Keith asked Kate who's now crying. 

I sighed nd gulped hard, I hate seeing her cry but I don't know how to comfort her cause I clearly don't understand what's damn happening. 

I distanced a bit and let them talk. Well, hindi naman ako maaring makialam.

"cause we have nothing to talk about anymore, Keith. Distance yourself." 

pareho kaming natigilan ni Keith at hindi makapaniwalang napatingin kay Kate na seryosong seryosong nakatingin kay Keith. 

naguguluhan na tumingin si Keith kay Kate. "why? what's the problem?" he calmly asked.