veintinueve

◜                                               ◝

home bts

1:05  ───|────── 2:53

|◁              II             ▷|

  ∞            ↺

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100 %

◟                                                ◞

"okay, they're coming!" mark whisper-yelled, running to his hiding position. everyone kept still until hearing the door open, where they jumped up and turned the lights on.

taeyong immediately hid behind jaehyun, startled at the sudden noise yet feeling such a big smile spread across his face when he saw all of his family and friends along with his husband's as well.

"surprise!!" everybody exclaimed cheerfully in unison. "... happy fourth year anniversary, my best friends." a man who went by the name of doyoung said. he walked over to the couple and brought them into a hug, several others following his actions.

the boys had planned this out for them when they realized taeyong and jaehyun's anniversary was coming up. they had found out only a week before the actual day, so they got to work pretty quickly. mark had taken the contact numbers of their friends off their phones when they weren't looking, and invited them over. chenle and jisung worked on making pretty decorations and hanging them, while renjun, jeno, and jaemin helped donghyuck out with cooking. the boy had recently discovered donghyuck was really good at it, and has made some of the best homemade food they've ever had.

the two had gone on a walk in the park as a little date to celebrate their fourth anniversary, because they knew they had babies back at home and wouldn't be able to stay out for long. by the time they were back, the sun's final and bright rays were setting, which created perfect lighting that added to the moment. the couple honestly was shocked, not expecting this at all.

the two smiled, greeting and hugging everybody back. when it came time for the boys' turn, taeyong and jaehyun hugged them for a little longer. they knew it was them who had done everything, because they were very busy parents and truthfully did not have time to contact friends and family much. they didn't like being away from home for so long, even if it was a night they should have for themselves. the couple much rather preferred being with their family at home.

"thank you so much for this.." taeyong said, sincere gratefulness laced in his voice. it meant a lot for them both to have the boys do this for them. now they got to see everyone they loved together again, something they would rarely get to do.

the boys bowed politely and reassured them that it was the least they could do. they noticed taeyong and jaehyun's efforts, and how hardworking they were. they noticed how caring and loving they were and how they valued family over everything. they were always looking after them, they were always there for them, and the boys truly appreciated them for it.

they ended up heading upstairs together with the babies since they pretty much were the only kids, and the adults had a lot of catching up to do. plus, none of their actual families were there so basically the house was filled of strangers. now that, and struggling to be social, was not a good fit. the boys headed for the play room, so the babies could release some energy and so they could see what things they could entertain themselves with.