dieciséis

◜ ◝

best friend nct dream

1:05 ───|────── 2:53

|◁ II ▷|

∞ ↺

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100 %

◟ ◞

mark laid there frozen.

who was this man, how did he know his name, and why was he so happy to see him?

the boy racked his brain as quickly and deeply as he could. he had no type of recollection with this person. he never knew of someone in his life who was this rich. did they ever do anything together, anyway? the stranger quickly let go of mark with his foot and pulled him up, into a warm embrace. he hugged the boy tightly, so happy to see him after all these years, but found himself frowning when he didn't feel mark hug him back. both of them used to be so close to each other, did he really forget about him?

"... you don't remember me?" the stranger asked quietly, seeing mark still frozen in place with pure confusion on his face. he grabbed mark's hands gently, looking him right in his eyes. "remember when you were smaller, and there was this scrawny, ugly little kid that was always trying to get you to dance with him? that was always teaching you new choreographies every time he came over?" the stranger said, watching as mark furrowed his eyebrows trying to regain the memory in his mind.

everything in regards to his home and his family he had been tearing out of his head for years now, so it was a little difficult to remember again.

and suddenly, mark's eyes widened as he snapped his head back towards the man's direction.

"there's no way you're taeyong." mark mumbled, in complete disbelief. there was no way that once very nerdy and slender kid had now become the man in front of him right now. "i know," taeyong mumbled, running a hand through his now blue hair. "i really glowed the hell up, didn't i?"

mark giggled and threw his arms around his long-lost cousin, the only cousin that really seemed to care about and look after him when he was little. taeyong, although they were both kids at the time, always protected him from his parents. he was always willing to take the hit instead of the back then, smaller baby mark. and in that baby mark's eyes, taeyong had always been his savior. he always got so, so happy whenever he came to his house, because he used to help him all the time.

the two shared their grand and longing hug, sharing giggles and small laughs, until taeyong felt something wet on his neck and those sounds of joy turn to sounds of sorrow.

mark found himself sobbing on taeyong's shoulder, his body growing weaker by the second to the point he couldn't even hold himself up anymore. taeyong quickly noticed this and grabbed onto him a little tighter, sitting the both of them down on the couch that was near them. the boy's friends had heard everything, and quickly rushed back inside once they heard the sound of crying. that was also something mark never did; cry.

and it hurt them so much seeing him cry.

taeyong didn't question what they were doing and why all his family's stuff was in the middle of their living room in the moment, just held onto mark until he calmed himself down. the boy managed to quickly get ahold of himself and sniffled, pulling away from taeyong's chest with red eyes and a slightly puffy face. the moment he did that, donghyuck stepped out of where he was standing and went to grab mark's hand. the older turned slowly and saw his loving boyfriend frowning and looking at him with worry in his eyes. mark just gave him a little smile, snaking his arms around his waist and resting his head on his stomach since he was standing up. he interlaced his own fingers around donghyuck's waist, feeling the younger run his hands comfortingly through his hair.