•John 15:12•

John 15:12- "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you

    John 15:12- "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you."

      {•Unedited•}
                         ~Davvy's POV~

         There's a change she might not even let me in. I could unlock the door from the outside if she still has it locked but I don't want to be crossing any privacy boundaries. Where I stand with Emmy has me extremely stressed. It feels whenever I come around she disappears. When she seems me holding Eve she almost seems upset. I tried talking to her a few days ago about how school was going but she only gave me a short answer and went to her room.
     I stop in front of her door, looking at the crack to see if the lights are on.  The metal of the doorknob is cold in my hand as I twist it open, happy to find it's unlocked. She shouts up from her laying position on her bed. I give her a small smile while closing the door behind me. Hopefully Sin will be smart and stay in the room instead of trying to talk to her with me.
    "Can we talk?" I ask softly. She lays back down, sighing loudly while she nods. Her green eyes roam around the ceiling. I take a deep breath, inhaling the strong scent of sugar cookies. She has a strong liking towards candles and lights one every day to make sure her room stays smelling good. "Your dad is upset."
   "He hit Bella," she exclaims. I sit down on the edge of her bed, pressing my knees together. My body temperatures dropped in the matter of seconds from sitting under the vent. "Cause he was mad. He looked mad."
    "He was very mad," I tell her. She's too smart for me to try to sugar coat this with. He didn't tell me exactly how much she seen or if she heard anything. "Bella said some very mean things about me."
    "So it's okay?" I shake my head, creasing her ankle over the blanket. For the first time since I've gotten back it feels like she wants me here. She's carrying on a conversation instead of trying to end it as soon as possible.
    "It's never okay to hit someone else. What he did was wrong, there were other ways to do it, but that doesn't make him a bad person because his heart was in the right place. He didn't do it just because he was mad," I explain the best I can. I can't tell her it's okay to hit someone but I also don't want her being scared of Sin.
      "He says you aren't supposed to hit girls," she says, keeping her head pressed firmly into her purple pillow I got her for Christmas. She sits up down her laying position, her hair falling in front of her face like a lions mane. "You're not scared of him?"
    "Never of your dad," I tell her. It might sound crazy, but even though he put me at a higher risk of what happened to me he still makes me feel incredibly safe. "He'd never hurt me or you or anyone unless he has to. What happened to Bella, that was because of me. She's not a very nice person and your daddy was only defending me because I couldn't."
    She sighs, biting on her lip. "He's a good person?"
    "One of the best I know. You're very lucky to have a dad like him," I tell her, remembering my own. I miss Xavier so much, I want to just talk to him, to let out everything that happened because only he listens to every single word I say. And I know it's horrible, but I miss Princess too even though she betrayed me. "But if a guy ever hits you-"
   "I kick him in the balls."
   "...that works." We both laugh. A sharp pain stabs in my lower stomach, making me wince and press my hands against the spot.
   "Are you okay?" I nod, taking a deep breath. I get a few more pains until it goes away all together.
   "So, are we friends again? Cause I need someone to talk to," I tell her. She smiles, scooting closer to me. I lean over and wrap my arms around her. She hugs me back tightly. Her body is about ten degrees warmer than mine from being under the blanket.
    "Where'd you go?" She asks. I knew she wouldn't really think I was sick and with my brother. I told her the last time nothing could keep me away from her. If I was sick I would have still found a way to stay in contact; she knows that.   
    Is this what they mean when people say being a mom is hard? Having to come up with reasonable answers without lying to them. She should know mildly of what happened, not the details because she's far too young, but I can't have her thinking I up and left after I promised I wouldn't again.
    "Some," I clear my throat, taking a deep breath, "some very bad men took me away. I was very far from here, which is why I have a small accent now," I say with a laugh. She giggles at the mention of it. "I was very scared and no one knew where I was. Your daddy only told you I was sick to protect you. I love you so much and wouldn't leave if I didn't have to."
     She throws her arms around me again, nuzzling her face into my arm. I sigh in relief that she's not immediately asking more questions. Hopefully that's all she has. I clench my stomach again, taking a deep breath.
     "I'm not feeling good," I tell her, starting to stand up. She gets up with me and takes my hand, leading the way to the door. She walks with me hand in hand to Sin and mines bedroom. He's now put the baby in her nursery and is laying down on his side.
    My eyes take in his naked top half. Since I've came back the last thing on my mind has been attraction or sexuality. After what they did to me I'll be surprised if I ever feel the same about sex again. I know if we go there again it may never feel as good as it did.
    He sits up at the sight of Emmy, throwing tattooed his legs over the edge of the bed. She slowly makes her way to him, brushing her hair on the way. Her short arms reach up for him to grab her when she reaches him. He pulls her into a hug, picking her up to place him on his leg.
    I smile at the two of them, taking a moment to remember that in here. I'm home and I'm safe. What they did to me was temporary and I won't feel this lingering pain forever. When she hugs him back his back shakes, not hiding the fact that he's crying.
    He's been through a lot the last few months. Now that I'm back he can finally let it out.  Now that he's found out she's not biologically his that's another thing on his mind. Kole won't take her from him, I don't think he would take it that far. She would also never want to leave Sin. Blood or not, Sin is Emmy's father.
     "I love you, my sweet princess," he tells her, his voice thick emotion. She kisses the top of his head, smiling at him.
    "I love you too, daddy."
    ••••••
                            ~Sin's POV~