• 1 Peter 4:8 •

1 Peter 4:8: "Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."
          {•Edited•}
                             ~Sin's POV~

       Holding Davina in my arms so close like this after having a cold, empty space next to me is a feeling I never want to lose. Every time she shifts, my grip tightens around her. Her eyes are closed softly, head resting just below my chin while her hand rests over my heart. Thin strands of her hair brush against my lips due to the air conditioner, but I don't let it get in the way of my admiring her.
     Her bare skin that's exposed of her back is smooth, unexplained scars in some areas. I wonder where their origin is or if any scar on her has a whole back story. We didn't get time to learn the little things about each other, not wanting to let the other to close. I've never met someone as angelic and beautiful as her, both in the inside and out.
     Her features are only something an Angel could possess. Pure, innocent, and a little damaged. Her cheekbones are more prominent in her sleeping position. I never thought someone could be this relaxed around me, even my own daughter, asleep or not.
   The majority of my life I've set fire to everything I touch, distraction and death following in my wake. I know I won't let an ember touch her or Emmy. These two fun-sized girls live in the most important part of my cold heart, that one area where is warm just for them.
She shifts, throwing her leg over mine. Her eyes flutter open, squinted due to the suns light pouring in from the window. As she moved a few inches away, the sun hits her perfectly, the glow on her face. A small smile spreads on my lips as I take in her beauty. My shirt falls from her right shoulder. The top of her breast playing peekaboo with me.
She quickly realizes where my gaze dropped to and picks it up. During the course of our new relationship, three months now not counting everything before cause it was bullshit, we've done nothing sexual. I'm not sure if she's one to wait for marriage, the conversation hasn't come up. The only time we've done anything was that day she let me eat her out and that was the last time. I've tried doing it again when things start to get heated, but she stops me every time. Our hands have traveled places, but never underneath the clothes. I've learned what she's uncomfortable with and I'm respecting her and taking the time for once.
"You're so beautiful," I say, making her cheeks go red. Her eyes drop to the blanket, smiling shyly. I try complimenting her as much as possible to make sure she gets comfortable with my praises; same thing with Emmy so she doesn't grow up insecure. I think it's important we show appreciation to the women in our lives, they have to be able to match our egos.
The bedroom door swings open and Emmy runs in, my shirt falling to her ankles. The morning she walked in on Davina wearing mine and said it "looked cute" she decided she wanted to do it as well.
"Tomorrow's the first day of school!" She cheers, getting in the bed. Dear God, help me with that. I've been dreading this day since I held her in my arms as cliche as it may sound.
"You don't have to go if you don't want to," I tell her, hoping she'll do that. She could do homeschooling.
"Yes, she does," Davina cuts in, looking down at me with warning in her eyes. I swear, she's the only one brave enough to look at me like that.
"She does," I mock. She rolls her eyes. Emmy wraps her arms around her, getting comfortable on her lap. Their relationship is the most adorable thing in the world. She's always said how much she wants a Mommy and this is the closest thing she's ever had. She's very connected, to say the least.
"I want to," she says with a smile. Fine then.
"No boys," I tell her. "They're gross and icky. Don't even let them touch you."
"You're a boy," they at the same time in the same exact tone.
"I'm a man."
••••••

"    ••••••