24. I punched a girl in the face, now y'all want my autograph

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Nether less while she ran her mind was wondering back to the things that had happened earlier in the day. After she had punched that blonde cheerleader in the face and been dragged out of the gym by the very boy that was currently chasing her like they were five years old Deacon had kissed her. And it wasn’t just a kiss. It was a proper good full on kiss that had her toes curling in her shoes. 

Unfortunately she hadn’t been able to enjoy a moment of it because all she could think about was her past then finally as she had let herself sink into it a coughing sound had them both jumping apart like naughty children with their hand caught in the cookie jar. Staring at them both with a very disgruntled look on his face was Adam. 

Kris instantly felt sick and her face paled. 

“Sorry am I interrupting something?” Adam asked. His voice was completely neutral and even sounded slightly embarrassed but Kris looked into his eyes and could see the hate there clearly. 

“No,” Kris said quickly stepping out of Deacons hold. Deacon frowned but stepped behind her and placed his steely gaze on Adam. Sometimes he really hated the kid and wished he could just beat him into a bloody pulp. But things weren’t that simple. 

“Ok good, Kris you need to come with me,” Adam said while coming forward to take hold of her hand. “The Principal asked me to come and get you.” Kris reluctantly let the boy take her hand when all she wanted to do was spit in his face for the harm he had caused to her best friend. 

“I’ll take her,” Deacon said putting himself between Adam and Kris. Adam looked murderous and Kris felt something inside her tug at her stomach. 

“No,” Kris said stepping beside Adam and entwining her fingers with his. Both boys seemed shocked. Deacon thought she was just acting crazy from the tears and all the making out they had done. Adam thought he had finally won Kris’s heart. Both boys were completely wrong. No one could figure out Kris but herself. “I’ll go with Adam.” 

“Seriously?” Deacon said in disbelief. Even he trusted Craig more than he trusted the boy whom was holding Kris’s hand. He felt like breaking Adams hand just for thinking about touching his girl Then he instantly scolded himself for thinking of Kris as his. Trying to calm himself down and very much failing to do so Deacon looked to the only person in the corridor that he felt he could connect with. 

When he looked into Kris’s eyes his emotions were  in turmoil. There was something hidden behind her gaze that he couldn’t put his finger on but that was because she was transferring too many emotions for him to even begin to guess what she was thinking. Frustrated once again Deacon raked a hand through his thick brown hair and made his face emotionless. The quick change seemed to startle Kris. 

“Fine, I’ll see you later,” Deacon muttered before turning and walking away. Something inside of Kris told her to run after him and tell him everything was going to be ok but that part of her was only fooling itself. As soon as she gets this over and done with she doubted anything was going to be Ok for a long time. 

“Lets go then,” Kris said with a flirty smile painted across her lips. Adam seemed to melt in her hands. Kris couldn’t believe how easy it was to manipulate the boy. If only the fool knew. If only any of them knew. She realised Cas didn’t even know that she knew Adam was the son of the man that raped her. She had figured it out herself then never got round to talking to her friend about it. It just shows how hard and complicated life had gotten in only a matter of days.  

Adam couldn’t believe his luck. He squeezed Kris’s hand with his own as he laced their fingers together. He knew Kris would eventually come to him. Especially after all his hard work. However he was still mad at seeing her kissing Deacon. That had been the last thing he had wanted to see when he had been given the delightful job of collecting Kris and bringing her to the headmaster.