10. Best way to not get your heart broken? Pretend you don't have one

[ Copyrighted to MrsSociopath© ]

Kris stormed down the hallways of Kasper high school attempting to find the councillors office in amongst her blind fury. She was struggling to read the school map in her hand due to her shaking hands from the adrenaline rush thanks to the screaming from that pathetic English teacher. Finally, after a lot of wandering around in a fit of rage Kris happened to stumble upon a lime green door that held a plaque that read ‘School Councillor’ in squiggly writing. 

Sighing, Kris pushed open the surprisingly heavy door to find her self in what looked like a small waiting room that you would most likely find in a Doctors Surgery. Across from her was a bright orange door with a laminated sheet of paper stuck to it. It read: 

'Please take a seat and I shall be with you in a moment. Remember to have a wonderful day and a wonderful life.'

Kris cringed at the note before taking a seat in one of the many chairs that were littered around the place. Finally seated she took in her surroundings. The walls were white with almost every inch of them covered in posters about a metre up from the floor boards. 

One of the posters had a picture of two hands pressed up against a window pain and the writing around it said ‘Hands are for healing, not for hurting.’ Then underneath there was a list of contact information that one could use to get in touch with to help them with anger their anger issues. 

All of the posters were similar to it. A weird looking image and a slogan to try to get there point across. ‘Be Buddies, Not Bullies’. ‘Record it, Report it, and don’t support it’. ‘Real men beat eggs, not women’. ‘Stop animal abuse, adopt a piñata’. ‘Put down the drugs, and give Jesus a hug’. ‘Be smart, don’t start’. ‘Guns don’t kill people, people do’. ‘If you don’t stand for your family, then you don’t stand for much’. 

Kris shook her head at the amount of crappy slogans people could come up with. She bet they paid people a lot of money to come up with the pieces of crap that they stuck on half these posters.

Kris groaned. She could not believe she was here. She could not believe that bitch of a teacher had sent her to the school councillor just for writing a story. A story! What would she have done if she knew about the real problems in Kris’s life? The woman would probably have her sent to a mental asylum. 

“I’m going to write a story about a nun marrying freaking Satan,” Kris mumbled to her self thinking of all the ways she would like to kill Miss Asher. While her imagination was imaging the different ways her English teacher would splat if she got hit by a bus, the lime green door slammed open and in walked a girl singing away with her eyes closed as if she were performing on stage. Her singing was awful.

The girl had light brown hair that cascaded down her back and a rounded cute face clear of any signs of make up. She was small and was wearing a pair of bright pink skinny jeans with purple slip-ons, a white button up vest and had a bright orange scarf wrapped loosely around her neck. On her wrists was an array of braclets ranging from every colour Kris could think of. Then perched on her head was a massive pair of bright pink headphones. 

The girl was different, that Kris could honestly say. What was also different were the string of words tumbling out of her mouth. It was not in English. She was singing in a different language. Perhaps she was a foreign exchange student. However, her pale skin made it hard for Kris to place her anywhere. The words sounded Chinese but the girl herself did not look Chinese. 

Kris watched as the girl knocked the door closed with her bum and then opened her eyes. They were blue with a yellow tinge with largest pupils that Kris had ever seen, especially for someone who was not stoned, in her life. There were staring right at her. The girl slides her headphone off and around her neck.