21. We're playing 20 questions, how big are your boobs?

[ Copyrighted to MrsSociopath© ] 

Kris woke up screaming in her bed, the sun splashing over her features and the blankets knotted around her legs as if trying to hold her down. Her hazel eyes searched manically around the room for a sign of him but it was empty. Apart from herself not a soul was in sight. 

A bad feeling curled inside her stomach, she wanted to just lie down and go back to sleep. However, sleep wasn’t an option any more and neither was leaving her new found friend to take on the hell hole that was Kasper high. Kicking the sheets from her legs Kris fell out of bed and crawled towards her bathroom. 

Once inside she flicked the lock on the door not knowing if her dad was still here or not and then fell into the shower before getting cleaned up. The hot water blistered her skin but made her feel more awake, it was as if she were trying to scold the memories of her nightmares into oblivion. She didn’t even know if that was possible but the pain was giving her something else to focus on for a while. 

Kris turned off the hot water and gingerly stepped out of the shower and into the brisk cool air that instantly rushed against her skin. She wrapped a bright orange towel around herself before finishing up in the bathroom and making her way back to her room. Drying and dressing Kris found herself in a pair of ripped shorts and a Guns N’ Roses jumper that slipped off one of her shoulders.

Not bothering to do anything with her hair Kris left it alone so it was go into its naturally curly waves. In less then ten minutes, she had grabbed an apple, applied some eyeliner and grabbed her school bag and was heading out of the front door. There was no note from her dad that morning and she was beginning to regret mentioning the money problems they were having to him. 

Slowly Kris started her not so long walk towards Kasper high school. She didn’t bother with her board that morning, she just couldn’t find the energy to glide anywhere. 

“Why the sour face, Pickle?” Grace asked appearing besides Kris and linking their hands together. “You’ve had that sour face since yesterday.” 

“I don’t have a sour face,” Kris huffed and refused to look at her best friend. Unlinking there hands Kris reached into her school bag and pulled out a packet of cigarettes and slid one it with her teeth. “Got a light?” she asked. 

“Top third pocket,” Grace replied softly. Reaching into the top third pocket of her backpack Kris found the lighter Grace was talking about and for a minute she wondered what she would do without her before the unsettling feeling settled on her stomach again. “Now what’s wrong?” 

“You want it plain and simple or do you want it mind fuck of a version?” Kris asked while lighting up the cigarette. She inhaled deeply as she shoved the lighter into her front pocket. Then exhaled with her eyes closed. 

“Either,” was the short reply. 

“I’m falling for someone. My nightmares have gotten worse. My friends abusers son has a crush on me. The my friend herself is slightly insane. I’ve been elected a Prom Queen candidate and I miss you so much it hurts.” 

Kris stopped and dropped back against a near by wall before sliding down it until she was in a sitting position. Grace looked down at her friend with pitying eyes. She wanted to do something, she wanted to comfort her but there’s not much one can do when she’s only something formed from imagination. Kris’s imagination. 

Sitting down in front of Kris cross legged, Grace placed her chin in her hands, “It’s that Deacon Daniels that you’re falling for isn’t it, or is it Adam?” 

“Oh hell no!” Kris answered disgusted. “I wouldn’t touch Adam with a ten foot pole. That boy is scum!” Kris looked down. She remembered about how when she first arrived at Kasper High only a week ago and that Adam was her only friend. When he was just a geeky boy in glasses that was a little protective of her. Why couldn’t have just been that?