2. I don't know, I don't care and it don't make any difference

[ Copyrighted to MrsSociopath© ]

Kris screamed out his name and her eyes flew open, her body covered in sweat and frozen to her bed. She had never woken up with her eyes shooting open-but her heart pounding, yes. She usually had to struggle to get her eyes open and emerge from the dream, only to find herself in a dark room where she can't see or tell where she is. Her eyes would dart around the room. The darkness usually seeming darker somehow, oppressive.

Heart pounding, the dream replaying in her head, she still couldn’t move. She frowned at the ghostly white ceiling above her head, but it was different this time. Her eyes had flown open, which was a first and her room had been drenched in day light when she had open her eyes. She had never woken up in the light, it had always been in the dark, where she belonged.

She rolled onto her side and caved in on herself. Breath, she told herself, you need to breath. It was just a dream although it had felt... it had seemed impossibly real. Kris scowled at herself for letting a nightmare get the better of her, she must look so pathetic but then didn’t she always.

A horrible wailing sound went off like a firehouse bell and Kris scrunched up her nose. Placing her hands over her ears she huddled down deeper into her blanket trying to hide from the terribly annoying sound.

“Oh bloody hell make it stop!” Kris cried out as if in pain. The screeching sound continued and it began to remind Kris of that Beiber kid all those overly orange girls liked back in Wales. Finally she surrendered to the cries of the ghastly alarm clock. Kris threw herself out of the bed and marched over to the box labelled shit for room.

Ripping off the piece of duct tape holding the flaps down she threw an assortment of different items out of the box until she found the bloody bastard. Pulling the alarm clock from the box she threw it across the room and watched as it took off, crash landing into the white wall on the other side of the room, putting an end to its obnoxious howling.

Kris fist pumped the air in victory, bowing her head and closing her eyes before mouthing fuck yeah. Grinning she made her way over the pieces of scrap on the floor that used to be her ghastly alarm clock. Picking up the remainders of the clock face she saw it read six in the morning. Sighing she finally realised how tired she was.

Stretching out her arms Kris walked over to her box labelled shit for bathroom and tore into it. Grabbing what she needed from the box she peeled out of her oversized Cardiff Blues football jersey and tossed it onto her unmade bed before wrapping a bright green towel around her body and made her way over to the bathroom which was across the landing.

Once inside, she shut the door behind her and switched on the shower, turned the water up to boiling then let her towel fall from her body into a heap on the floor. Kris jumped into the shower and the water washed over her body, scolding her skin. It felt good, pain meant she knew she was alive and she hadn’t been feeling that way lately. She washed her hair and did all her necessities including brushing her teeth then re wrapped the towel around her body making sure not to even glance at the mirror and padded along back to her room that looked as naked as she felt.

“Clothes,” Kris muttered to herself and went over to the box marked clothes I wear. Bloody hell she thought, why can they just give us uniform so people wouldn’t have to go through the thought process this early in the morning? Back in Wales they always had a uniform and right now she was really beginning to miss that scraggly white shirt and purple tie.

Grumbling softly Kris opened up her box and just grabbed the first things she saw and threw them onto the bed not really caring what people thought of her at this school, she didn’t in her last school so why should she start now?