11. You're the reason people have middle fingers

[ Copyrighted to MrsSociopath© ]

It was finally Lunchtime and Kris had found her self missing another lesson. She did not even want to think about what Frank would say when he finally got her report at the end of the month. Apparently, it happened to all new students. A file was made of your grades, progress, attendance and behaviour marks. Kris had already missed at least a fourth of her lessons in the two days she had been at Kasper High. 

Kris strolled over to her locker and pulled out her skateboard. She practically ran out of the school and walked around the back where she had heard earlier in the day that it was where all the skaters and potheads hung around. Kris could cope with people like that. Most of the lads she hung with back home were potheads and skater boys. 

The back of the school was just a stretch of gravel with a misshapen piece of tarmac in the middle. There were picnic tables scattered around. Groups of people sat on them passing around joints and laughing. She was not surprised to see Deke McCarthy amongst them, clad in his grubby green army jacket. Other groups sat solemnly together in circles looking as if they hated life. Then there were a group of lads skating around on the gravel. 

The skater boys had built misshapen ramps out of bits of wood and pieces of metal. Kris watched in fascination. She was impressed by the amount of tricks and flips the boys could do. Most of the boys back home were all talk and actually very bad when it came to boarding. She knew instantly that if she had not of met Adam that first day of school that she would have found her self hanging around with these kinds of people. 

Grinning to her self Kris made her way towards the boys with her skateboard tucked under her arm and had her bag thrown carelessly over her shoulder. The boys skated normally until Kris got a metre away from the tarmac and one by one, they all came to a stop and looked at her. Kris’s step faltered. She reached the edge of the tarmac and stopped, careful not to step onto it. 

A boy wearing ripped jeans that were hanging low on his hips showing about an inch of his pink boxers and grey beanie perched on his head stepped forward. His dark hair was a mess, sticking out at all angles from beneath his hat. Kris was also distracted by the fact that he did not have a shirt on. It was instead tucked into the back pocket of his jeans and hanging half out.

“You lost baby?” the boy purred out like a feral cat. His eyes raked over Kris’s body admiring her exposed legs. 

“No,” Kris mumbled out, she was starting to feel self-conscious even though, if she were to be honest, the boy was showing more skin than she was. “I was wondering if I could skate here.” 

“And what makes you think we’d be happy to have you here?” he rose an eyebrow up at her which lead her to notice the silver bar he had running through it. 

“Well if you’re not happy to have me here then why is your little general standing to attention?” Kris smirked. There was a chorus of quiet laughs behind the boy, which were covered up with pathetic attempts at coughing fits and the clearing of throats. Red began to creep up his neck. 

“You’re smooth,” he smirked. “But can you skate?” he asked. It was a genuine question. “Cause we guys don’t want you here if you’re a beginner on that thing. We don’t want you falling in front of us when a homie is trying to do a Nollie Laser Flip.” 

“Step aside,” Kris smirked throwing her board down and finally stepping onto the tarmac were it was the only place smooth enough to skate on. Kris stepped onto the board and gave her self a few pushes to get started before she kicked her boards up into a 360 shuv. Her board slid up the ramp and she kicked it up and landed down on the tarmac with out missing a beat. She swivelled her board around the shirtless boy and did a Pop shuv in front of him. Then calmly she stepped off her board and kicked it up into her hand. “I bet that general of yours is standing to attention again.”