17. I've never liked hide and seek.

[ Copyrighted to MrsSociopath© ]

Her head was against the wooden desk, her dark hair was splayed over her shoulders, and falling into her face like curtains, her eyes were closed as she breathed slowly in and out. Kris was asleep in another one of her lessons, this time it was French. 

The only reason she was still sleeping and Madame Belle had not bothered to wake her up was because the teacher had no doubt in her mind that Kris would be able to complete the class work and the homework. It would probably be at a better level than everyone in her class who was actually paying attention. 

The classroom was drenched in darkness as the lights were out and a movie was being projected onto the board at the front of the room. It was all in French and nobody really had any clue what the people were talking about. It was a high-level movie and Madame Belle expected everyone to write a paper on it explaining what the movie was about, there opinion on the movie and who his or her favourite character was and why. People were disappointed when they were not allowed to base it on the characters looks. 

Everyone’s eyes were facing the screen trying to understand what was going on except two pairs of eyes. One of them was Kris as she was asleep and the others were Adams. Out of the corner of his eye, Adam was watching the new girl like a hawk. Now matter the rumours said about her or how much Deacon threatened to kill anyone that went near her Adams infatuation just grew stronger. 

He was annoyed lately. Kris had been distant with him and refused to sit at their table at lunch. He had barely managed to say one sentence to her with out her cutting him off and walking away. However, he was happy to see that Cas was out of the picture. His threat had worked but he had not expected Kris to act the way she was. He had not he talked to her properly in over a week. 

Kris’s nose twitched and she moved slightly and Adam’s mouth tweaked up into a small smile as he watched the girl sleep. Kris had been sleeping a lot in lessons lately. It was probably due to her new job as a stripper. He could not believe she was stripping for money. He did not want other men seeing what he so badly wanted to see. 

A piece of scrunched up paper flew across the room, going unnoticed by Madame Belle due to the darkness, and landed on Kris’s desk. She flew up with a start and a couple of people around her giggled and started murmuring to each other. Adam watched her curiously. He had not seen who had thrown the paper. 

Kris frowned down at the piece of paper on her desk and her hazel eyes quickly scanned around the room looking for the culprit unfortunately the room was too dark for her to see if anyone was looking at her clearly. She un-scrunched the paper and looked at it. She looked at it for around five minutes and Adam was resisting the urge to snatch it out of her hand and find out what it said for himself. 

Kris lunged out of her chair, snatched up her bag, cussing heavily under her breath when it was caught on the table and stormed out of the room. Madame Belle was rushing towards the door attempting to go after Kris who was already out of sight. The class was now murmuring and two boys high fived each other… The creased up paper was lying on the desk next to Adam. 

Scooping it up and flattening it out as much as he could Adam read the piece of paper: How much do you charge by the hour whore? Do you and your girlfriend on the roof do lesbian shows to start or is that just if we pay extra? ;) 

Adam was angry. He was suddenly resisting the urge to get up and go pick a fight with the two people that threw this at Kris despite his lanky stature. Then his face paled and his blood ran cold as he read a single part of the sentence that made his heart beat double time. Your girlfriend on the roof. The idiots had told Kris where she could find that stupid bitch Cassandra! NO!